Silver-Aurion's Ride *UPDATE: 04/10/13 page 4!*

Silver-Aurion

• 5 months later...

My latest addition to my car:

:)

61379126-1736-42f4-9fae-b6f4df94e474_zps

Nice 7" screen.

IMG_2774_zpsc9038238.jpg

Ran the cables to the reverse light. Cam only comes on when in reverse.

IMG_2773_zps5b7349fe.jpg

Transmitter with bit of clean cabling.

IMG_2771_zps05487dab.jpg

The camera.

Very happy with the look and setup. Always wanted a reverse camera. Finally have one :D

• Like 1

Does the 7" screen have any other functions besides being a reverse camera?

ED: on second looks it seems to be a GPS aswell...

You needa get some nice wheels onto this thing ASAP! would really set it off with the rest of the mods youve already done :)

Edited by VIPZR6

• 2 weeks later...

Does the 7" screen have any other functions besides being a reverse camera?

ED: on second looks it seems to be a GPS aswell...

You needa get some nice wheels onto this thing ASAP! would really set it off with the rest of the mods youve already done :)

Yeah, it does have other features!

Getting coil overs installed on Tuesday, next mod would be rims of course. So things are on track. Suspension is going to be a major upgrade. An awesome compliment to my rear and front sway bars :).

Edited by Silver-Aurion
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

So I've been hella quiet on this forum lately. Most likely because of work commitments. It's just been flat out stressful times. So much has been happening that literally I have not washed or gave my car a vacuum whole of winter (literally) plus the fact that the weather is **** with all the cold, mud and rain.

Also she's been giving me some grief mechanically :(. There's been a chirping noise coming from the engine for two months now and I just couldn't pin point to the source of the problem.

Googling the problem showed up alternator but every mechanic I took it to said it can't be.

Took it to ultratune and they put in a new drive belt and replaced the idler pulley. Came home and that night needed to go shopping so I started the car and off I went, after about 5 minutes the same noise came back! There goes $240. So I took it back next day and was told it would be the belt tensioner.

This time I decided to tackle that myself at home(with the help of a pro mechanic of course. Only took him like 2-3 hours, my job was to hold the torch and bring the drinks/snacks as he is doing it as a favour for me. :lol: :

Ending up removing the A/C assy, alternator, fan, left wheel and cables to remove this *****. Such a crap job. But at least a brand spanking new part was installed. By the way, Toyota original belt and tensioner set me back $400 from Toyota parts:

IMG_3550_zps98e8dc20.jpg?t=1375842123

IMG_0199_zps9d729af0.jpg

IMG_0195_zpse32588a8.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsc936df07.jpg

IMG_0202_zps00b09f37.jpg

AFTER all that, the noise is still there. So the noise is coming from the alternator. Called Toyota, they want $1000. Get lost!! I'll keep haggling and find a genuine one cheaper.

No regret though changing the tensioner and belt, it needed to be done so at least that's out of the way :)

Also, I decided to install new parkers and new lights inside the car. All lights, reverse, parkers, map, dome, number plate lights are now LED and changed the head lights(H11's) to phillips Xtreme vision 100 :).

Just FYI, who ever thought about the way we change the parkers on the Aurion. I'm sending you my medical bill! Hands got scratched all over. Such a crap way of changing them.

IMG_3572_zpse8cfc40b.jpg?t=1375841198

IMG_3582_zps0c217b6b.jpg?t=1375841189

IMG_3566_zps4a5cc262.jpg?t=1375927623

IMG_1401_zps6e1e9bb3.jpg?t=1375841348

So that's about it for now. I still love her and look after her like the very first day I got her :).

Edited by Silver-Aurion

There's a trick us old backyard mechanics used to use and it involves a piece of garden hose, just like a doctor uses a scope to hear **** in your chest you can use the hose to pinpoint these types of noises.... I know its a bit late for you to hear this now... but for others it's a big time and money saver.,....... once you finished with the hose you youngsters can cut it up and make your bongs.

A similar method can be done with a screw driver on your rocker covers to find noisy rockers.

Lights look great btw :D

Have you checked the water pump. Had the same problem recently and it came out to be the water pump pulley was giving way. Luckily dad was a qualified Toyota mechanic and used the screwdriver technique like mentioned in the previous post to determine it. Ended up having to take it Toyota as dad is getting too old to pull a motor out at home without the right set-up especially with some of the fragile sensors located at the bottom of the motor. They quote it takes around 10-12 hours to replace as you have to take out the motor to replace the water pump. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Here is that god awful sound that I'm so sick of hearing. I even took it to Toyota and they said they did not hear anything. Bullsh*t. How can you not hear this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEeETLtvxE

All parts are new original. I've just idler pulley, belt tensioner and belt.

So far searching through this site, many people who have had the same sound said when they had their alternator changed the noise went. I just still want to be 100% sure it is before I go spending any more money.

Not even mechanics I take it to can pin point the sound but I'm leaning towards alternator after reading on here about others successfully getting rid of that noise with a new alternator.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate hope the car is going well, Just read your updated ride and i can confirm the noise you are hearing is the alternator.. It is the 'one-way clutch' inside the alternator causing the issue.. If you remove the belt and move pulley back and forth quickly you will be able to feel it. I have had to replace at least three 2GR alternators for this fault.. Sadly the pricetag on another alternator and work required to replace hurts the pocket.

• 3 weeks later...

So I found a ZR6 rear bumper on ebay with literally only 20 minutes to spare of auction ending so I scored big time. No one else bid so I was wrapped.

I literally put it on the same day I got it from the guy.

What ya think? TBH, I love it because on other sportivos the chrome strip on my boot as seen in the picture isn't colour colour like other sportivos so I think that chrome touch looks really nice :D

Out with the old

IMG_3809_zps17feccb5.jpg

In with the new

IMG_3819_zps4f8f5ca9.jpg

In the mean time, while I had the bumper off, these flaps would kill me when I would have the bass pumping. They would make a horrible 'farting' like noise from the noise of the bass so I staple gunned them in this permanent position and what frigging difference.
IMG_3812_zpsf50cd216.jpg

ALSO, the heat shields we're dynamatted. These would sound disgusting with the bass. You can see from the video what I difference dynamatting these make in terms of that ugly vibrating sound. Now when I put up the volume literally there is almost no more annoying rattle's. It's all much much more acceptable now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaNh4J3UyAo&feature=youtu.be

ANNNNDD, on top of all this awesoneness, I finally changed my alternator. Bought it from Toyota parts for $630 and got my mate to put it in for me. The old alternator brushes we're definitely gone. Spinning it freehand it squeaks and squeals like a noisy door hinge.

Now all she needs is a good bath :D

Edited by Silver-Aurion
  • Like 1

Hey mate hope the car is going well, Just read your updated ride and i can confirm the noise you are hearing is the alternator.. It is the 'one-way clutch' inside the alternator causing the issue.. If you remove the belt and move pulley back and forth quickly you will be able to feel it. I have had to replace at least three 2GR alternators for this fault.. Sadly the pricetag on another alternator and work required to replace hurts the pocket.

Yeah, def the alternator. Thankfully labour was free. Only cost me his favourite alcoholic beverage :lol:

• Like 1

looks good, now for a front lip :P

Haha, TBH, I want the side skirts first before anything else. I've realised the sportivo rear is a bit fatter and flares out a bit more so the side skirts would make it blend in better haha.

Haha, thanks man. I'm really loving the look. Dunno what others might think but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :lol: The rear just looks phat as. Now I need some frigging 18's or 19's!!

On another note, I've booked my car to get detailed by a pro on Thursday. Can't wait :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carbon Wrap looks awesome, i just bought some off ebay but snapped a few clips while taking the console apart :(
is it possible to take the covers off those storage bins to wrap them or do you have to wrap them as they are in the first photo?

Cheers,
Dezz