E-SW20-ACMZZ

Vlad

hello there all....

as it happens ive a project MR-2 that ive had for some time now, but havent really been able to get very far due to financial situations...{i am now a mechanic enthusiast once upon a time i was an apprentice, now ive a titanium spine and a big bed}

It is HARDTOP, frame; SW20-0086069, eng/trans; E153-735 Plant; N11

TOYOTA MR-2 AIM TURBO, Auto Impressions...7/1993

90000 original Ks on Original Engine

so what my question to everyone is should i hang onto it? will it be worth it in the long run...

ive never driven an MR{have always wanted to}

post-9042-0-96330800-1303399345_thumb.jp

post-9042-0-05330800-1303399418_thumb.jp

TBH it looks to me like a standard SW20 MR2.

You could use www.toyodiy.com to look up the VIN to find out a bit more information, or check out www.mr2oc.com

Ease up mate, maybe no-one knows much about it, whether it's worth it or not. Maybe check out the MR2 Owners Club forums. :)

i thank you for your honesty trent

TBH it looks to me like a standard SW20 MR2.

You could use www.toyodiy.com to look up the VIN to find out a bit more information, or check out www.mr2oc.com

umm... the only thing imn going to say is that ur website u wanted me to check it on, i cannot find any vin no' inserts..

as for being standard..... lmmfao {mabey if u live in japan}

Edited by Vlad

VIN* Model code From To Frame Characteristics

06341144.. SW20-ACMZZ 12/1989 - 07/1999 SW20 GT JPN CP 3SGTE MTM 5F

You need to go to the part reference section, then select your car.

This is the same model as yours, which is a standard Japanese delivered MR2 turbo coupe....

Redbook values a good one 7-9k although they are worth a lot less if incomplete or modified.

VIN* Model code From To Frame Characteristics

06341144.. SW20-ACMZZ 12/1989 - 07/1999 SW20 GT JPN CP 3SGTE MTM 5F

You need to go to the part reference section, then select your car.

This is the same model as yours, which is a standard Japanese delivered MR2 turbo coupe....

Redbook values a good one 7-9k although they are worth a lot less if incomplete or modified.

Cheers heaps for all your paitience in dealing with me... i only found what you found off that site{after a little more help lol}

my only comment is that my vin dont match up...

vin; 6J9P01NCVW2ZA7001....

Don't worry about the VIN matching up, it almost never will on that site. I think you car has the turbo i want :P

lol so then there at least some bits off it that are wanted... now if only i could find out if thats like the whole vehicle....lol

pics to come.... im in the process of cleaning up all the bits on it.... been sitting without engine temp or anythings caused like a 'corroision mottoling' eg see pics....{i didnt really want to show the world what sort of state the beautiful old girl has fallen into... but i'm starting to clean it all up, i've started on the g/box, and a little bit on the piece of airworx that's still attached to the engine}[also i know that one of the timing belt pulleys isnt the correct pulley]

so as u'all can see there is a bit of TLC that needs to continue to happen.... lol, bit of polish to keep em that way etc

peace

post-9042-0-90455300-1303733406_thumb.jp

post-9042-0-59960500-1303733427_thumb.jp

post-9042-0-53554200-1303733500_thumb.jp

post-9042-0-14212400-1303733527_thumb.jp

so as u'all can see there is a bit of TLC that needs to continue to happen.... lol, bit of polish to keep em that way etc

peace

There is a guy near Beaudesert who does a process called burnishing. Any corroded alloy parts can be restored to a near perfect finish with the blasting that he does.

I have had all the alloy parts done from the engine of the tonner engine we did up a few years ago. See the picture below.

The timing cover, manifold, alternator shell and a few other bits cost about $75 to get back to looking like new

If you are interested his number is 0411 332 834. I can't think of his name though.

I trust all goes well for the resto job

post-22494-0-55818400-1303772241_thumb.j

lol so then there at least some bits off it that are wanted... now if only i could find out if thats like the whole vehicle....lol

What does the turbo have written on the compressor housing? Toyota or Toyota CT-26?

peace

There is a guy near Beaudesert who does a process called burnishing. Any corroded alloy parts can be restored to a near perfect finish with the blasting that he does.

I have had all the alloy parts done from the engine of the tonner engine we did up a few years ago. See the picture below.

The timing cover, manifold, alternator shell and a few other bits cost about $75 to get back to looking like new

If you are interested his number is 0411 332 834. I can't think of his name though.

I trust all goes well for the resto job

thnx greatly for the info, if i ever get it going i might go see him..

other then driving it in shipping costs would probably outweigh the benefits...

What does the turbo have written on the compressor housing? Toyota or Toyota CT-26?

you're going to tell me the difference hey trent... lol

its just got 'Toyota' on it as far as i could see...

and whats better?

without spending any more money{dont have any}

I 'HAD' a wire brush drill wheel... following results... looking better...!

post-9042-0-57063000-1303796784_thumb.jp

post-9042-0-00268300-1303796792_thumb.jp

and whats better?

Put it this way, it you want to sell the turbo, let me know.

and whats better?

Put it this way, it you want to sell the turbo, let me know.

and what does that mean....... comooooonn.... tell me.. lol

• 3 weeks later...

They are a decent turbo and I'm chasing one for my build. But on an MR2 I would upgrade. :)

so how much would you give me for it if i was to sell it to you?

Peace..

They are a decent turbo and I'm chasing one for my build. But on an MR2 I would upgrade. :)

so how much would you give me for it if i was to sell it to you?

Peace..

It all depends on the condition and which turbo it actually is, do you have pics?PM me with any details please.

Edited by trentmeyer23

• 8 months later...

all back together, clutch and new timing belt installed..!

not long now... i still need a fuel tank... gr

Edited by Vlad

• 4 weeks later...

Good work! Wish I had the time to do the same to mine.

But ! I did a engine conversion on mine. What conversion I hear you say?!

I got a 3sgte from a caldina and dropped it in. It's the same engine but with better package. Coil packs instead of dizzy. Uprated power, 190kw standard apparently. Less laggy turbo and blah blah blah.

Did it at home. Took a couple of weeks to sought out the wiring. Now its a dream to drive.

If you ever consider doing a conversion I highly recommend the caldina engine.

Good luck with it and keep us updated.

Why thank you... i try my best..

Yipee I finally found a fuel tank for it on the weekend just gone... gotta give it a really good clean, as its all "algieed" up..

Not sure weather or not the fuel pump in it is going to be viable...

on the upside i have a spare parts car Celica that i'm pretty sure is the same type pump{anyone confirm?????} it should get me running either way...

that is when i work out how to clean out the tank>then reinstall everything..

Hopes for the best.. can anyone tell me what the Ohm's that should be showing on the float/sender unit?? as it looks really shocking.. though appears to function {moves rather 'cleanly'}