Toyota Corolla Radio Removal

Hello all

I have got a 2010 Toyota Corolla Conquest Hatch and I have been watching alot of videos on youtube about installing a sub in a car. People say its easy to do it yourself but my problem is I don't know how to remove the radio so I can plug in the Amplifier cables. I have not bought any equipment like the sub or the amp for it yet. First, i wanted to make sure that i can do it. So if you know how to remove the head unit and connect the cables to it please let me know. And i am a beginner at car audio if you wanna give me any other advise on the Corolla you are most welcome.

(Attached pic of my car and its radio)

post-24096-0-25122200-1303736073_thumb.j

post-24096-0-87861800-1303736243_thumb.j

Hey Man,

Firstly, Welcome to TOCAU ;)

To remove the stereo from a ZRE rolla. NOTE: do everthing slowly. Consider getting a small plastic painter scraper and some old cloths so you don't scratch anything.

If you look face on to the centre console, yo can see 2 plastic pieces on each side of the stereo. Goto the top of the dash (near the window) and find the gap between the silver trim and the black dash. Carefully wedge your desired tool between both plastics and twist slowly. The silver trim should pop out.

Repeat this all the way to the gear shifter and on the passengers side of the stereo.

You then need to remove the air vents at the top of the console. this can be done much the same way as the silver trim, starting at the top and working down. Just remember that the hazard button is connected and and will need to disconnected for easier access.

Once this is done, there is a small trim panel around the stereo. this can be pulled off gently by hand. This will also expose the 4 bolts holding the stereo in place. I suggest a 10 socket to remove the bolts.

The stereo should then be freely accessible all round. NOTE: if you disconnect the stereo and you have a pin code set, you will need to re-enter it when you start up again. You can tell if there is a pin code enabled by looking for a red flashing light on the stereo with a Key as a symbol.

Any further questions, please ask or drop me an SMS (look in profile for number)

Hey Pete

Thank for your easy to follow and a very helpful reply. As I am a beginner I might give it a try opening the stereo and if I have any problems I would let you know.

Also, I was very impressed that you would share your phone number for any further help. Didn't know people could go so far just to help others out :)

Thanks man!

Have a good one