Prado

tj22

Hi There

I am moving from the UK back to Queensland and am looking at buying a 4 x 4 as we are a family of 5 and are looking at having occassional offroad/camping trips as well as having a car for general onroad purposes. I have researched all the various makes of 4 x 4 ie mitsubishi, Nissan, etc and because I drive Toyota 4 x 4's in the desert in the middle-east I feel that they are all round the model of 4 x 4 for what I am looking for. I'd like to ask if there is any particular year/model of Prado that stands out from the rest and what things should I be looking for when going to buy one.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET MATE . FOR VALUE FOR MONEY AND 4WD THAT DOES MOST THING GREAT I WOULD LOOK.AT THE 120 SERIES PRADO AGAIN DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET. THE V6 PETROL IS A GOOD ALL ROUNDER . THE D4D IS MORE ECONOMICAL BUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. AGAIN DEPENDING HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND. THE V6 ISNT TO BAD ON FUEL AND GO WELL .THE OLDER 1KZTE ENGINE NOT REALLY THAT MUCH BETTER ON FUEL AND DONT COME CLOSE TO THE V6 POWER OR PEFORMANCE. THE D4D ON THE OTHER HAND IS MORE ECONOMICAL AND VERY CLOSE TO THE V6 PERFORMANCE WISE.SERVICE COST PETROL MODELS WOULD BE CHEAPER. THE D4D HAD FEW DRAMAS WITH INJECTORS FUEL PUMPS DUE MAINLY TO BAD FUEL. THE PETROL MODELS ARE PRETTY MUCH BULLET PROOF.