#1 tj22

tj22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model:Landcruiser Prado

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Hi There

I am moving from the UK back to Queensland and am looking at buying a 4 x 4 as we are a family of 5 and are looking at having occassional offroad/camping trips as well as having a car for general onroad purposes. I have researched all the various makes of 4 x 4 ie mitsubishi, Nissan, etc and because I drive Toyota 4 x 4's in the desert in the middle-east I feel that they are all round the model of 4 x 4 for what I am looking for. I'd like to ask if there is any particular year/model of Prado that stands out from the rest and what things should I be looking for when going to buy one.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 CROCO

CROCO

CROCO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • First Name:DAVID
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model:HILUX SR DUAL CAB ,TURBO DIESEL AUTO
  • Year: 2013

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET MATE . FOR VALUE FOR MONEY AND 4WD THAT DOES MOST THING GREAT I WOULD LOOK.AT THE 120 SERIES PRADO AGAIN DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET. THE V6 PETROL IS A GOOD ALL ROUNDER . THE D4D IS MORE ECONOMICAL BUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. AGAIN DEPENDING HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND. THE V6 ISNT TO BAD ON FUEL AND GO WELL .THE OLDER 1KZTE ENGINE NOT REALLY THAT MUCH BETTER ON FUEL AND DONT COME CLOSE TO THE V6 POWER OR PEFORMANCE. THE D4D ON THE OTHER HAND IS MORE ECONOMICAL AND VERY CLOSE TO THE V6 PERFORMANCE WISE.SERVICE COST PETROL MODELS WOULD BE CHEAPER. THE D4D HAD FEW DRAMAS WITH INJECTORS FUEL PUMPS DUE MAINLY TO BAD FUEL. THE PETROL MODELS ARE PRETTY MUCH BULLET PROOF.

#3 phandrew

phandrew

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • First Name:Andrew
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model:2008 Aurion & 2009 RAV4 V6 & 1997 Landcruiser 40th
  • Year: 2008

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Depends which series you are going for. IMO get the diesel version of the Prado. Most prados you will see will be city only driven so you shouldn't have much of a problem with them.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users