Window Condensation

rdav

Does anyone have this problem? the rear window fogs up constantly so the rear demister is permanently on, but the condensation remains above and below where the demister is. The windscreen also fogs up so I have to put the air con on every so often. I had the same problem on an 02 Rav and now on my corolla.

Would this be due to moisture build up in the interior?? Should I open all the doors on a hot day?? Any products out there that can help?.

Also how do you keep the class looking clean without getting those streaks??

Cheers!

Dude - this is a very simple chemical equation that a lot of car drivers ignore...

lots of heat + confined space = condensation...

Anybody that ever thinks that they can close all the windows on their car and sit in it, with body heat, warm breat etc and think that by turning the A/C off that they can stay warm....is kidding themselves if they think that they can do it without fogging up the windows...

The secret is to avoid this: turn your air con on, and turn the heat up, but leave the A/C button ON... If doing this with the air on warm, you are not pumping pure hot air into your car then, you are pumping heated air con air....assisting with the elimination of fogging and condensation.

The other big mistake people make is that when they have fogging in their car, they put the window demister on the front window on hot. STOOPID....

Why would you put hot air onto a window heated up because of the heat....???? use cold air. thats why Climate Control systems use cold air when you push the front demister...

• Like 1

Dude - this is a very simple chemical equation that a lot of car drivers ignore...

lots of heat + confined space = condensation...

Anybody that ever thinks that they can close all the windows on their car and sit in it, with body heat, warm breat etc and think that by turning the A/C off that they can stay warm....is kidding themselves if they think that they can do it without fogging up the windows...

The secret is to avoid this: turn your air con on, and turn the heat up, but leave the A/C button ON... If doing this with the air on warm, you are not pumping pure hot air into your car then, you are pumping heated air con air....assisting with the elimination of fogging and condensation.

The other big mistake people make is that when they have fogging in their car, they put the window demister on the front window on hot.  STOOPID....

Why would you put hot air onto a window heated up because of the heat....????  use cold air.  thats why Climate Control systems use cold air when you push the front demister...

Cheers, thanks for the advice and admittantly i'm one of those "STOOPID" ones that puts the air con to hot. So I will see how this works tomorrow afternoon. :D

• 8 years later...

Could anyone please tell me, what if it's radiator related problem....Like coolant level or smth like that, i just googled and got this acute info. I think, it is much more strange reason that brings about condensation. Please, answer if there is !