Home Foam lance...

Was looking for a foamer to remove grit from the paintwork before starting to 2 bucket wash....

Ended up purchasing this one from ebay:

Gilmore Foamaster II.

97191904-260x260-0-0_Gilmour+Gilmour+95QGFMR+Foamaster+II+Cleaning+Gilm.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370516169018&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Ive seen a few others that run from a karcher or similar pressure unit. This one uses mains water.

Now to search for a decent foam concentrate... or just use my megs NXT wash....

Though a few people might be interested in foam lances...

++++ EDIT+++

For those that are looking at these, there is a fixed dilution ratio (4:1) version The 95QGF4 and the 75QGFMR is the multi ratio (1, 2, 4, 6, or 12 oz. per gallon) jobbie...

Ill post up results once it lands.

Vid of it in use:

I have a similar attachment for my high pressure spray but it isn't really effective as there isn't enough foam being produced. Get down and dirty and start scrubbing with the sponge :spiteful:

Shame we can't use that in Melb due to water restrictions.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

"Scrubbing" and "grit" arnt two words ill be using together when working on my washing techniques thanks.

Apparently most high pressure units results are quite cr@p, from what i have read you need a more purpose built unit for the job...

So you think this one cuts the mustard? I thought most were crap, for me the hose has been pretty good but if you use the Megs wash with it can we have an update Pete?

It looks and sounds tempting

• 6 months later...

Just a quick question for people with foam lances.

Do you dilute your soap with warm water or leave it concentrated?

Depnds on the Lamce. The autobrite lance lets you regulate the amount of SnowFoam coming out. The CarCareProducts.com.au guys reckon you should use about 40-80mm per wash / application.

Hope this helps ;)

I use the one that Gerni provides and it foams quite well with Armor All wash and wax soap concentrated.

It does use quite a bit compared to washing with a bucket but it's the price i pay for hands free car washing :D

I know the one the one your talking about. Its a great little addition for GERNI, but as you mentioned.....it does use quite a bit.

I think www.carecareproducts.com.au are having a sale on the foam lances atm and the snow foam (now called MagiFoam) dosn't cost that much.

I would only use this as a pre-wash (loosen and remove heavy soiling), not as a replacement for 2 bucket method of washing.

I know the one the one your talking about. Its a great little addition for GERNI, but as you mentioned.....it does use quite a bit.

I think www.carecareproducts.com.au are having a sale on the foam lances atm and the snow foam (now called MagiFoam) dosn't cost that much.

I would only use this as a pre-wash (loosen and remove heavy soiling), not as a replacement for 2 bucket method of washing.

Hope this helps

I notice when i only use the foam lance there's minimal dirt on the cloth when i wipe the car down.

I found this one ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIGH-PRESSURE-WATER-CLEANER-GERNI-CLASSIC-SNOW-FOAM-LANCE-C120-C110-C100-C105-/180781786944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a176f2740

But the attachment for Gerni doesn't look like it would fit even though it says it's for Gerni. Autobrite also has the same Gerni attachment but i can't see where on the attachment it can clamp onto.

I'll give an email to the seller and see what he says. Will this foam lance foam a lot more than the one Gerni provides?

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Just got an email from the seller and he says it will fit the middle attachment but not the end one.

I'll stick to my soap as i find it more an enough to clean.

Does anyone know how much more foaming ability does the autobrite foam lance have compared to the stoke foam lance gerni provide?

• 4 months later...