cressida mx83

sorry to be off topic but i need help with good information on toyota cressidas, their are no dedicated cressida forums if anyone knows any please link the website cheers

for example i have a set of vertini sicillian wheels 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear, fronts will fit perfect with some good guard rolling but with rear what can i do to fit it?

293924_2330240862431_1442019801_2711028_2578684_n.jpg

Edited by 2204

negative camber .?

i thought of that but to make it fit i would need crazy negative camber and cant afford to go through tyres so fast, cheers for the suggestion though any help is good

http://www.toyotacressida.net < Need to sign up before you see the real forum

http://www.jzxproject.com

You need to cut the inner skins of the rear guards and flare the crap out of the outside, then weld in a section to the gap in the inner section.

Edited by CHA54

http://www.toyotacressida.net < Need to sign up before you see the real forum

http://www.jzxproject.com

You need to cut the inner skins of the rear guards and flare the crap out of the outside, then weld in a section to the gap in the inner section.

cheers for the links, lets just say if i wanted to do all that professionally how much would it set me back?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

So are we lacking Cressida threads or forums?

I have custody of what I believe is a MX83, 1989 vintage. As I understand it, in this run of models (just before the Grande) there was a big selling GLX (with colour-coded bumpers & 16" wheels) and a not as well selling GL (black bumpers & 15" wheels), which was my parents' "keep-for-state-occasions" car.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2017 at 12:13 AM, crandalucks said:

So are we lacking Cressida threads or forums?

I have custody of what I believe is a MX83, 1989 vintage. As I understand it, in this run of models (just before the Grande) there was a big selling GLX (with colour-coded bumpers & 16" wheels) and a not as well selling GL (black bumpers & 15" wheels), which was my parents' "keep-for-state-occasions" carcu

My info is that the GL has 14" wheels (as evinced by the one I currently have custody of) so therefore the GLX would have had 15" wheels.

Said Cressida is currently for sale, as my Dad is now in an aged care facility, and can no longer drive. It has 80k original km, and apart from a stainless steel exhaust system, is as delivered.

It's a Silver GL, black bumpers and 14" alloys (in spite of my previous post), and otherwise unoptioned (no a/c - my Dad was very old school, aircon would sap engine power :rolleyes:). Has standard AM/FM radio and cassette player (!). Minor carpark damage (repaired) to FR guard, otherwise in good to excellent condition. It has recently been reregistered (deregistered 2yrs ago when Mum passed away) and therefore has a blue slip.

In view of it's relative rarity (GL), its low k's, and good condition, I would like to get about $10k for it, although that's open to negotiation. I tried to get it featured in Survivor Car Magazine - it ticks all the boxes except as an 1989 model it's 2yrs too young. It would be good if a new owner could preserve it as it is, with not much modification, although I realise that such things will be out of my hands once it has a new owner. I am intending on advertising it via carsales.com.au.

If I was buying it, I would consider the following mods:

1. Conversion to LPG (7MGE would be much more economical and just as powerful)
  2. Adding to the stainless exhaust system with some extractors
  3. Retrofitting an aircon system from an optioned GL, GLX or Grande
  4. Replacing the cassette player with either a CD optioned sound system from a Grande or that of your choice
  5. This bit is beyond what I would do, but apparently there is a turbo version of the 7MGE that would slot straight in.

Finally, if one of you good folk could please tell me how to post photos on here, then I can show you all what a gem this car is (all current photos are on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone).

17 hours ago, crandalucks said:

Finally, if one of you good folk could please tell me how to post photos on here, then I can show you all what a gem this car is (all current photos are on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone)

Select "Click to choose files" in the reply section.

Please post it in the Toyotas For Sale section. Using the template found in the buy and sell rules.