My Chaser. Sold.

dorifto

Hello all,

Well as most of you guys know by now, my Corolla was thought to have suffered some engine damage and so I decided to part her out. In reality, it turned out to be a bit.ch of an exhaust leak that caused it run rough and have a rattle/vibration that was irritating to say the least. That said, in a one week turn-around I decided it was time to move on and 'grow up' - so that's how I ended up with this, a rwd Camry

10dbm2x.jpg

More details to come.. for now I'm off to collect parts for it haha

Edited by dorifto

Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics

Mick, there were/are a few small gremlims with the car and even when rectified it was only a matter of time before I was defected. I've been pulled over numerous times and gone through just as many booze buses but touch wood I've been very lucky.

Lawz, yeh my brother had a JZX100 as well but someone smashed into it and wrote it off

Anyway, the car is a 1999 Series 2 Chaser in a some-what hard to get Silver colour. It didn't come with the factory sub, rear wiper or sunroof but it does have a Torsen LSD, factory kit and has a R154 manual gearbox as standard, along with all the other Series 2 upgrades. Along with it is a HKS Hi-Power Silent cat-back. HKS drop-in panel filter and Front Mount Intercooler. Car came with the bronze 18inch Work Emotion CR-Kai's as well. Anyway, here are the photo's as promised

210xaps.jpg

2i913cw.jpg

Missing the badge, I know

fmp83c.jpg

Interior. I've already fitted my Skunk2 weighted gearknob and Broadway mirror. Everything else is standard except for the Prosport boost gauge (semi pictured) on the A-pillar

25pixjs.jpg

Picked up some low mileage Tein Super Streets a day after purchasing the car lol

2rpqknt.jpg

And a rear shot

Thanks for looking

Are you going to track this in Winton, very exciting to see your feedback on this car.

This chaser is a drifting machine, not sure you start drifting...

I am a chaser lover, you cannot find much in Sydney, very proud of you to own this car

"..as if I'd get a Yaris lol" haha love your topic description

congrats on the purchase and indeed a very nice looking car, always had a soft spot for chaser, the car we should of got instead we got avalons. <_<

Small update

When I got the car, the headlights were faded/yellowed/hazed as like alot of imports. Disliking the discoloration and the amber corners, I decided to order some genuine Toyota side lamps last week and they arrived today. Originally..

11wewk1.jpg

Masked off the bumper and got to work on the headlights, sanding it down with 1500/2000 grit wet/dry sand paper intially then hitting it with 2 different plastic polishes.. almost there

209145y.jpg

And finished! I found that Mothers' Plastic Polish was more abrasive, it's like a cutting compound with a polisher in it. The Maguire's PlasticX is good for buffing/finishing. Did a ghetto mod on the drill so that helped alot haha!

2uf7mad.jpg

Admittedly, the passenger side doesn't look as good as I didn't sand it down enough but it looks alot better than it did previously. Also picked up some clear repeaters to replace the orange 'nipple' indicators on the guards, damn compliance crap!