Aurion tail lights

burgz666

g'day!

i am just wondering if anyone has purchased a set of aurion aftermarket tail lights from ebay or anywhere else and what do you think of them?!? i am thinking of purchasing some whether the clear ones or just the red ones, the mars ones on ebay say that they are LED but in the picture it doesnt have the distinct singular LED look can anyone shed any "tail" light on the matter...

sorry bad joke, but opportunity was there!!!

Cheers :yahoo:

Am sure some BRIGHT one will come along to show you the way.

Just make sure you are not LED astray.

Lets see if the BULB comes on

Not to make LIGHT of your question

sorry couldn't resist

sorry couldn't resist

jesus christ i had to read that twice ?! lol :clap:

They don't have the distinct LED look, just like the facelift Aurion tail light, but rest assured that they are indeed LED's.

As for the MARS ones listed on eBay, they appear to be of the same build as the Aurion tail lights, but I can't really comment on fitment.

sorry couldn't resist

jesus christ i had to read that twice ?! lol :clap:

:lol: thats some funny sh!t right there...still laughing :lol:

Hi,

About 2 months ago i purchased the MARS Performance ones off ebay, The postage actually ended up cheaper from Ebay.

I was hesitant for about 6 months because on the site they say only fits facelift model, and there are a few Q&A from people asking about 06-09 model.

In the end i said bugger it and ordered them.

They are awesome and i love mine, just take note of 1 thing, they are not identical to the Clear ones on the facelift models, the facelift ones are completely clear,

The Mars Performance tail lights actually have a blue tinge to some of the reflective bits,

i have a tungsten Sportivo and the colour matcxhes the Tungsten really well, But not so sure about other colours (Red, Green)

Also, Be prepared to remove your back bumper!

The boot lit lights are easy enough to replace but the corner tail lights have a massive hook underneath them,

I eventually figured this out and since i have never removed a back bumper off of a car, and since i have reverse sensors, i thought it was best left to a pro.

Toyota charged me $100 on a saturday morning an hour before they closed and i came back like 30 minutes late to have it sitting already finished in the yard.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

About 2 months ago i purchased the MARS Performance ones off ebay, The postage actually ended up cheaper from Ebay.

I was hesitant for about 6 months because on the site they say only fits facelift model, and there are a few Q&A from people asking about 06-09 model.

In the end i said bugger it and ordered them.

They are awesome and i love mine, just take note of 1 thing, they are not identical to the Clear ones on the facelift models, the facelift ones are completely clear,

The Mars Performance tail lights actually have a blue tinge to some of the reflective bits,

i have a tungsten Sportivo and the colour matcxhes the Tungsten really well, But not so sure about other colours (Red, Green)

Also, Be prepared to remove your back bumper!

The boot lit lights are easy enough to replace but the corner tail lights have a massive hook underneath them,

I eventually figured this out and since i have never removed a back bumper off of a car, and since i have reverse sensors, i thought it was best left to a pro.

Toyota charged me $100 on a saturday morning an hour before they closed and i came back like 30 minutes late to have it sitting already finished in the yard.

Hope this helps.

Any chance we could get some snaps of the new look? :)

Mate,

Even i want some snaps of the new look :)

For the past 4 motnhs ive been meaning to take some photo's of my car, but i'm either finishing work too late and it gets too dark to take a good photo, i get busy on the weekends, and when i do get a chance, i dont want to take the photo because i then need to wash the car, and when i get around to washing it, it takes a couple of hours alone to fully clean it.

Trust me, when i get snaps, so will you :)

i will try to get soimething tonight / tomorrow.

Mate,

Even i want some snaps of the new look :)

For the past 4 motnhs ive been meaning to take some photo's of my car, but i'm either finishing work too late and it gets too dark to take a good photo, i get busy on the weekends, and when i do get a chance, i dont want to take the photo because i then need to wash the car, and when i get around to washing it, it takes a couple of hours alone to fully clean it.

Trust me, when i get snaps, so will you :)

i will try to get soimething tonight / tomorrow.

Haha no worries mate, I know what you mean though.... I've been meaning to do a 'photo session' with my car for a while now (haven't since i bought it.) But when I get the time.... She's dirty as hell :(

... But not so sure about other colours (Red, Green)

If the hybrid ones worked well on a red Aurion, I'm sure the all clear ones would be just as good:

di-1012870492815.jpg

Sigh. I miss that car.

And i hear you DJKOR,

But then that begs the question, why didnt you get the red TRD?

or did you want to step up to the SL to get all the gizmos that come in the ZR6?

I personally have a ZR6 and dont think i could have stood not having all the gizmo's.

I still want my silver TRD as soon as my liscence will permit but now that the FT-86 is 15 days away from being revieled i think a change of heart might be coming..

But the ones from Mars Performance dont have the red reflector in them,

Hence why I said if the hybrid ones looked good, then the clear ones should be no different really.

From the side, did the blue reflector clash with the colour of the red?

Nup. The blue is not too bold that it stand out. It blended in quite well.

But then that begs the question, why didnt you get the red TRD?

What gets a higher preference in car selection. Colour of the car or features.

Does the red surrounded area lights up at all DJ??

They could if I got my hands on a bulb holder (because it was not included). Unlike the Australian tail lights which have no cutout for a bulb, the hybrid ones can accomodate one.

Does the red surrounded area lights up at all DJ??

They could if I got my hands on a bulb holder (because it was not included). Unlike the Australian tail lights which have no cutout for a bulb, the hybrid ones can accomodate one.

Yeah.. That's what I thought too.. It can accomodate a light bulb but I dont see anything from the factory that goes in there..

Maybe I'll leave it as it is.. Or for future mods.. :whistling:

Functional or not, IMO the red section in the hybrid lights look better than the lights without it.

I've been racking my brains trying to think of a unique function for these sections (with the spoiler, taillights and bumper lower lights I don't think I need any more brake lights), but for the life of me I can't think of a damn thing! Perhaps sound active lights for my subwoofer (note: sarcasm)?