Interior door handle not working, 04 camary

123grosso

Ey guys, in my mums car the interior door handle has stopped working. So i pulled the door card off and has a play around and i think the cable has stretched over the life of the car and now when the handle is pulled it just cant pull it enough to open the door. Is this possoble or has it happened before to anyone? Can you buy these cables new or do you need to go to a wreakers?

Ok, thanks in advance guys, Matt

My money is on the handle end is broken.

The plastic receptacle on the back of the handle assembly is broken where the ball end of the cable sits. A genuine handle assembly from memory is around $30.

Easily replaced, it just pops out of the door card

Hi Matt,

Few possibilities…

1. Connection on the cable is damaged (closer look at your image, your one seem okay)

2. Cable not connected properly onto your inner door handle. See image.

3. If you cables do not connect properly, you will need an inner door handle. $37 from Toyota (69205YC040B).

1599_0001.jpg

Geez, all these replies, I guess I was too slow on clicking the "Add Reply" button! lol

As per what Andrew said... most probably the inner door handle.

I did proberly the dodgiest repair but the door works so its all good. What i did was put a bit of solder next to the ball near the handle to cover for the stretch and now it works, lets see how long that lasts. But it works :yahoo:

• 2 years later...

I have recently experienced the same problem that I cannot open the door from the drivers side on the inside. I just need a start. OP I'm wondering if you can tell me what tools I need and how to remove the door card to access the handle and the cable?

And if anyone knows whether this issue will prevent me from passing my pinkslip? Thanks guys.

I have recently experienced the same problem that I cannot open the door from the drivers side on the inside. I just need a start. OP I'm wondering if you can tell me what tools I need and how to remove the door card to access the handle and the cable?

And if anyone knows whether this issue will prevent me from passing my pinkslip? Thanks guys.

You only need a screw driver to remove the door

Instructions on door removal is located on This thread which may be useful