How your RUKUS sits

cductn

I lowered ours with coil overs. The girlfriend is taking a little time to adjust to the fact that she can no longer ride over speed humps at 80kph, but she will get it figured out eventually!!

attachicon.gifrear right corner edited.jpg

attachicon.gifside view edited.jpg

Hi Mate

Great looking :) may I ask who you chose for the coilovers?

Hey Crypt,

I went with BC Racing from Just Jap in Sydney (http://justjap.com/bc-racing-coilover-suspension-kit-toyota-rukus-bb-qnc20-5080.html?SID=d3kqji6b696e6knum52l1go3h3)

I installed them straight out of the box at the pre set height they shipped them at, and that is what you see in the pics, but you could easily wind them down another 15-20mm. The problem is in all honesty even at that height my girlfriend was scraping on everything as she takes the car to go do shopping, etc. and the speed humps were killing her. I lifted it back up about 10mm to get a little more clearance.

I totally LOVE the idea of having it slammed into the ground, but in reality for an everyday driver that is not willing to slow down and take a little extra care it is just unpractical to have it slammed all the way!

• Like 1

No I don't have a pic of it all the way down I'm sorry. But from the pics above you can definitely lower it at least another 15, maybe even 20mm on the coil overs as there is still plenty of adjustment left.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Crypt,

I went with BC Racing from Just Jap in Sydney (http://justjap.com/bc-racing-coilover-suspension-kit-toyota-rukus-bb-qnc20-5080.html?SID=d3kqji6b696e6knum52l1go3h3)

I installed them straight out of the box at the pre set height they shipped them at, and that is what you see in the pics, but you could easily wind them down another 15-20mm. The problem is in all honesty even at that height my girlfriend was scraping on everything as she takes the car to go do shopping, etc. and the speed humps were killing her. I lifted it back up about 10mm to get a little more clearance.

I totally LOVE the idea of having it slammed into the ground, but in reality for an everyday driver that is not willing to slow down and take a little extra care it is just unpractical to have it slammed all the way!

Hey man, I got the same coilovers not long ago and noticed it's making clunking sounds on the rear, it's driving me nuts can someone help me out?

My Rukus btw

2l8gjzn.jpg

a3zji0.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/1/2015 at 1:08 PM, cductn said:

wow havn't been on here for months still looks dead...

who is everyone

You want to know something funny, I was going for a new job back in November 2017 & at the job interview I decided to be true to myself,  & i said honestly " I'm not dead yet " you want to know the good news, I got the job & I'm still there just like i am still here my friend.