Help! Radio SEC code??

Morechilli

I've just bought my sisters '04 echo (she bought new)

And she had some issue with the battery and now the radio displays SEC ive figured out how to do it. But I don't have the pin.

I found online that you use the last 4 digits of the vin. But there's only 3 numbers to enter. So don't think that will work!

I really don't want to pay to do something I can do myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ring the Toyota dealership where the car was bought from, and ask for the code, give them the VIN and they can look it up and tell you, sometimes they won't charge.

Failing that, buy a cheap aftermarket replacement, no PIN to worry about.

If you now have issues with the battery, now might be the time to change it, depends how old it is. Also, check that the terminals are on securely, they may be loose, causing the radio to reset and ask for a PIN

Thank you!

I ended up calling the dealership it was bought from. I was hesitant because it's still in my sisters name and wasn't sure if they would give me any info.

But he gave me the default number they set it to.

And tadaa! All fixed :)

It was an old issue and she just never fixed the radio. So she was driving silent for like 3 months haha.

• 2 months later...

Thank you!

I ended up calling the dealership it was bought from. I was hesitant because it's still in my sisters name and wasn't sure if they would give me any info.

But he gave me the default number they set it to.

And tadaa! All fixed smile.gif

It was an old issue and she just never fixed the radio. So she was driving silent for like 3 months haha.

Hi

I too brought a 2005 Echo for my daughter & had it delivered today - unfortunatelly on the way home we noticed the dreaded "SEC" sign on the radio. Naturally, I called the dealer & checked the books - no code security available.

I have tried the 4 last VIN numbers - but the radio buttons go from 1 - 6, and the VIN has no's. 7 & 9 :-( .

I am very interested in the default number. I will be more than nhappy to email you copies of contract from Coffey Ford in Dandenong Victoria proving my ownership of car. Thank you

C Frangop

Edited by Frangop

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Toyota Yaris 2006 radio code SEC Displaying after changing battery.

In case this helps anyone, I used the default code 320.  

Works for Toyota Yaris 2006 YRX:

ONLY IF THE RADIO IS DISPLAYING "SEC":
1. Place the ignition switch to “ACC” position
2. Hold the Seek ^ button and push the Number 1 button. “_ _ _” will display.
3. Press Number 1 button for the first digit, Number 2 button for the second digit and Number 3 button for the third digit.
4. TRY THE DEFAULT CODE: 320.
5. Press Number 1, until number 3 appears.
6. Press Number 2, until number 2 appears.
7. Press Number 3, until number 0 appears.
8. Press and hold the SCAN button within 10 seconds.  If successful SEC will appear again and disappear from display.
9. Turn on radio.

Edited by YarisYRX06

• 3 years later...

I have a 2014 Yaris, Replaced the battery yesterday and the sec came up on the screen, i have a 5 pin would anyone know what to do? I rang Toyota and they want $88 to decode it. Say the original owner set the pin.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you end up with the 'help' message and the red key displayed you can press "1, 4 ,6 and the power button " simultaneously , this will allow you to enter a code again. I later found the generic fleet code 320 written in my manual but that doesn't work so I wonder if the reverts to some factory code at that point?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Have a read of this thread. It may help

I tried putting in the last three digits of my VIN, but it comes up with an error text.I've reas the my manual and it stats that when it reads HELP you have to go to the dealer

If you had a good read of that post I linked, there were a few different options to reset the error.

This thread also has a few options to try if you haven't already read through it.

This guy   looks like he had a solution back then but stupidly decided against sharing it publicly for some strange reason. He insisted you P.M. him. Though he was the Prime Minister of radio repair or something perhaps ??

Then there's this one

and then this..

And finally, this..

Edited by Tony Prodigy