[VIC] TOCAU 2012 ANNUAL MEET

Will see what i can do with work. If i come i'll prolly stay with a friend so will be in need of a chaeuffer of sorts. Or Qld's we could stay at the same place as last time at Brighton from memory? It was cheap and nothing flash? Only have to sleep there!!

Will see what i can do with work. If i come i'll prolly stay with a friend so will be in need of a chaeuffer of sorts. Or Qld's we could stay at the same place as last time at Brighton from memory? It was cheap and nothing flash? Only have to sleep there!!

Just hold the thought RE Brighton - we are looking into some places that are a bit more north for this year but that's to be confirmed. As soon as we have the venues locked in (hopefully very soon) we'll investigate the accommodation so the interstaters can work out their arrangements/staying together.

Great to see people indicating their interest, it'll be a pretty similar format to the last couple of years with a few tweaks, just looking at what has and hasn't worked in the past and altering accordingly. It'll be a very fun weekend and a great opportunity to catch-up/make new friends. You can attend as many or as few things as you like according to your schedule, obviously the more the better and we'd like to see as many members as possible but understand that people have work and other commitments.

I thought i would ask would I be able to post this anual meet on Ozcelica? Might get some people interested from there?

Hi mate, we would appreciate it if you can keep the posting in here. that way we can be sure there is no shortage of food on the day for the bbq. what they can do is make an account here and post that they will be coming. that would have us keep track of the number of people better than posting it on other sites.

• Like 1

Any plans for on the Monday? Last time I was stuck in town for 8 hours waiting for my flight with nothing open and nothing to do. I'd probably be arriving at 1pm on the Friday. Any takers for a airport pickup :P It's not that hard to get to southern cross station if that makes thigns easier though.

I didn't mind that place at Elwood to be honest. Pretty quiet (until TOCA turned up) and some relaxing shops around for breakfast. Might not be a convienient place for the others to meet us though I guess?

Any plans for on the Monday? Last time I was stuck in town for 8 hours waiting for my flight with nothing open and nothing to do. I'd probably be arriving at 1pm on the Friday. Any takers for a airport pickup :P It's not that hard to get to southern cross station if that makes thigns easier though.

I didn't mind that place at Elwood to be honest. Pretty quiet (until TOCA turned up) and some relaxing shops around for breakfast. Might not be a convienient place for the others to meet us though I guess?

Hey SuperDave - we've kept the Monday free at this stage basically cos most people will be tuckered out, what we will do though is work out some things that we could do if people are interested. That way particularly for the interstaters there is something to do. So I gather like last year we'll just gauge interest/swap numbers Sunday after the cruise to see if anyone wants to get together on the Monday, but it technically won't be part of the annual meet program.

if its tullamarine. i'll pick u up mate ;) round 2 dumplings? HAHA and why dont u bring ur stivo??? :angry:

I can see the stone chips if I drive down with my freshly painted car :(. I'll decide later if I go lol

I was going to dodgy vinyl the front of my car for it. Only really need the front bumper and the bonnet done, and if I'm not worried about appearance it will cost bugger all

I can see the stone chips if I drive down with my freshly painted car :(. I'll decide later if I go lol

I was going to dodgy vinyl the front of my car for it. Only really need the front bumper and the bonnet done, and if I'm not worried about appearance it will cost bugger all

Do a better job of it than I did! [which I'm sure you will :)] I tried that and only made it from Bright to Gundagai last year before having to peel it off as it was coming undone... But it was raining, so I don't think it handled the water well.

No worries, we'll do something. Elwood is close to St. Kilda, Brighton and Port Melbourne; heaps of places we can go for lunch/coffee/chill etc. :D

Just hold the thought RE Brighton - we are looking into some places that are a bit more north for this year but that's to be confirmed. As soon as we have the venues locked in (hopefully very soon) we'll investigate the accommodation so the interstaters can work out their arrangements/staying together.

Missus has been busy looking around (I told her not to and it'll be fine and she insisted I share these). She has come up with the following (I suspect she focused on the st. kilda area).

Chevron Green (6 people)

$58.35pp/night special till 15th Jan (in 2 days) or normally $77pp/night

http://www.stayz.com.au/66804

Langdon of St Kilda (6 people)

$67pp/night

http://www.stayz.com.au/23923

Rejuvenate on Carlisle (4 people)

$45pp/night

http://www.stayz.com.au/94326

Warehouse Apartment (4 people)

$40pp/night

http://www.stayz.com.au/68265

Warwick Apartments (4 people)

$30.50pp/night (but 2 sleep in sofa bed)

http://www.stayz.com.au/57970

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just realised future national meets, from 2013 onwards, will most likely have to occur over the Labour Day weekend. Queensland has moved the Queens birthday to the same day as NSW's Labour Day.

You make a good point there Dave. Thank you government for breaking our tradition.