Wheel bearing issues

nicka99

Hi guys,

I recently had to get one of my front wheel bearings replaced, and the mechanic told me that this was common on most aurions I'm just wondering how many others have has the same issue thanks.

I had one of my fronts replaced around the 85k mark I think it was. Wouldn't say a common issue but probably typical of a front wheel drive vehicle.

I had one of my fronts replaced around the 85k mark I think it was. Wouldn't say a common issue but probably typical of a front wheel drive vehicle.

Steven,

Was there a reason for you to replace them? As in something was noticeably wrong?

Steven,

Was there a reason for you to replace them? As in something was noticeably wrong?

They were very loud at speed. The mechanic reckoned they still had a fair bit of life left in them but I wasn't taking chances

Im unsure if I currently have a wheel bearing on the way out or If I have a problem with my DBA slotted rotors, Im getting a chonk chonk sound on the front left which is there at all speeds, it gets higher pitched the faster you go !

Im unsure if I currently have a wheel bearing on the way out or If I have a problem with my DBA slotted rotors, Im getting a chonk chonk sound on the front left which is there at all speeds, it gets higher pitched the faster you go !

Just an update, we eliminated any warping in the rotors causing the noise, and although there is no movement, the bearing seems to be the only option, not bad I spose since its done over 255 K. :huh:

I only done just under 67k, and i had to get one replaced because of a constant high pitched noise it cost me just under $300, and im getting the same sound on the other side wheel, the mechanic told me that it was because that the wheel bearing had rusted and just said it could be because of recent storms, even though my car hadn't really had much exposure to the storms. I don't know just sounded a bit unlikely to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My 07 Aurion with 62k is also beginning to have whirling noise from the left front. It goes nosier as the speed goes up.

Before sending it in for wheel bearings check, just wondering if it is necessary to do wheel balancing first ? I'm not experiencing any unusual vibration, just this silly noise.

I wouldn't worry too much about wheel balancing ( how long since you had it done?). Sounds like a bearing on the way out. Kinda surprising you have this issue as my car has 115k and no probs. My mechanic checks over everything every 6 months and no probs as yet.

The last wheel balancing was about 25k ago.

Since I don't feel any unusual vibration I reckon better start looking around for wheel bearing price. Most certainly my usual dealer will try to rip me off. Great this post provided a benchmark on price.

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced one within the first 10k was told the same.

Had a 07 camry had replace 3 in 3 months, safe to say I F$&ked that lemon off...

My 07 camry has a loud humming noise at 80 +kms ,if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back ?

did you go genuine Toyota part ?

I finally got this fixed last week.

Toyota dealers wanted $450 ~ $500

So I got it done at one of those frachise shop for $350.

It caused me a lot of grief due to non genuine part. But of course the workshop copped all the re-work cost.

Insist on genuine part.

have a similar problem with my wife's '07 SX6 with about 130k on it. has whining noise around 60km, as well as a shutter when breaking. im guessing the shutter is from a warped rotor on the front, they where machined around the 90k mark and have just come back.

open to your input

Edited by rackz

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realise I had this problem till I read this, I've done 63000kms, no shudder from brakes, can't tell what side though so I gather both are going to need looking at.

Good time to be doing the bushes for pulling left too i guess, is there anything else which should be replaced whilst everything is coming apart?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did 3 on an old gen 6 camry lol yep was a lemon

Shudder might come in later stage, you will def hear it before that . A faint clicking as your wheel rotates, like said above depending on which way you turn louder or quieter. Best not to leave it too lone. I had my left front start fFFFing up but still had to drive it 600km home. By the time we got there it sounded like a helicopter. Very loud didn't want to find out what would happen if I keep going

As for the shudder in my experience it's almost always the rotors, sometimes it best to get new ones rather than just keep machining them