Where are my rear speaker wires terminated?

Chris107

I have a 2011 dual cab SR Hilux, I am wondering if anyone knows where they terminate the rear speaker wires? ther are in the door but not in the back of the head unit??????????????????

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris ,how s things mate.I also have a SR Dual Cab mate and about 4 weeks ago I also installed the rear speakers from a SR5 into my rear doors.Asking radio installers such as JBhi-fi was a total waste of time.When I asked them about installing the rear speakers they all said that the wiring was not there,or yes we can remove your head unit and run new wires to each door :wacko: ,but I told them my unit already has the FADER function ,but Newcastle Pro Sound said no it wont work and that for $200 they will hook it all up and supply me with" wait for it" 250 watt friggin boom box speakers .I took in my audio book for the car and showed them that it was only a 7.5 watt x 4 channel,but no they insisted on trying to flog me some stupid big speakers and he also stated that it would be a 2-3 hour job.So I craefully removed the door trim and there was the speaker wires taped neatly to the face of the door already to plug in and go. :whistling:

Toyota quoted me $235.00 each speaker and $3.00 for each rivet.They are held in with 3 rivets each speaker.I went to the wreckers and bought both speakers out of a Dual Cab SR5 curreent shape plus I got a few clips that hold the door trims on for spares for $110.00.Installation probably took me 1/2 hour each side.That includes trimming the plastic weather seal inside the doors and resealing as per factory (I checked out the sealing on the SR5 at the wreckers),spraying inside the doors with fish oil and riveting the speakers back in using 3/16" aluminium rivets I am fussy as all sh*t.I asked Toyota spares dept and they couldnt even tell me if the wiring loom was in place.And you know what mate they sound great,all the functions work as they should,( Balance,fader) :clap:

Anyway mate I hope that helps put your mind at ease if I can be of any more assistance just ask, also mate did you remove your head unit lookin for the wires.If you have the speakers already plug one in and adjust your fader to rear

Cheers CONROD

Edited by CONROD

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the info. Just whacked in 2 rear speakers.

I bought pair of 6.5" cheap speakers from supercheap.

Found wiring inside door trim & just Replaced existing hilux plug with spade type connectors to suit speakers.

To mount just Used small self tappers with flat washers fitted under head to ensure tight fit and obtain wider clamping distance. Bit of loctite on threads. All works fine.

• 1 month later...

Good stuff, thanks guys, looking at pulling the rear trims off my 05 SR V6 this weekend to fit some JBL's I picked up when Strathfield went broke. Fingers crossed it is as easy as you found it to be!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a current model Extra cab Hilux and want to put some rear speakers in. I removed the RHS rear panel, found the wires and plug but even with the head unit adjusted to full rear speakers, couldn't get any reading on a multi meter. Also tried a horn type speaker, but no noise. Removed the head unit but couldn't find any loose wires or plug. Where have I gone wrong, or is there something missing in the wiring?

Any help would be appreciated, Bob

• 1 year later...

Hi Dull Spark

The wires terminate at the bottom of plugs on the respective  sides of the front kick panels. 

Buzz out the wires to find them. Then run fresh wires from the kick panel plugs to the stereo back plug. 

You should find the configuration of the stereo output online. 

Cheers. 

ChopperScotty