Seating question for Kluger

Paul100

G'day Kluger owners

I've got a couple of questions [yes - I've done some searching] & I hope you can help me out with - regarding seating on 2000 to 2007 Klugers!

1] The 2nd row - what is the seating split - eg - 50/50, 40/60, 30/70 etc?

2] Can 2 baby seats be legally positioned next to one another?

3] With Q2 - if a yes - can another 3rd person still sit in the 2nd row?

4] The 3rd row of seats - are they just one big seat [2 positions together] or 50/50 split?

If you can help me with any of those questions - it'll be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,

Paul

Sorry you haven't had a response yet, see my input below:

There are two full size seats and a very small seat in the middle which is only useful to a small child. Really doesn't count as a seat at all.

Yes, as long as there are appropriate anchorage points for each. In the second row you could have two baby seats in the two main seats, they are both quite large. You could not put one in the middle seat. Back row - pretty sure there are no anchorage points, so you could not legally put baby seats..

Not really, only a very small child

4] The 3rd row of seats - are they just one big seat [2 positions together] or 50/50 split?

Facelift model (model year 2011+) had split fold 3rd row, but before that they were just one big seat.

Have a look at the pics in this listing for my old car and you will see what I mean about the seats.

http://www.carsales....~1&sort=default

Compare to this facelifted model and you can see the second row is the same, but the back row now has two proper seats and is split fold.

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/toyota-kluger-2012-12176349?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=4294711775%201246%201247%201252%204294962861%204294962773%201216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~1|Year:2011,Max&sort=default

Hope this helps! ;)

Thanks for the information Matty, most appreciated.

One of the reasons for those questions was - I'm looking to upgrade my Suzuki Grand Vitara & following all the design rules & fitting requirments that get changed from time to time about baby seats etc.

You could not put one in the middle seat. Back row - pretty sure there are no anchorage points, so you could not legally put baby seats..

Hi, middle seat can actually fit a car seat. It does have an anchorage point (At least on the 2010 model). I used to have my kid there until we decided to move him next to the window. Y can accommodate two adults on each side, but I don't think you can put a car seat in the middle and side together.

Why don't you take your car seats to a dealer and try?

G'day Kluger owners

I've got a couple of questions [yes - I've done some searching] & I hope you can help me out with - regarding seating on 2000 to 2007 Klugers!

If you can help me with any of those questions - it'll be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

I have a 2006 CVX and we have 3 kids seats across the middle row.

2 x baby seat and 1 x booster seat.

We've had different configurations depending on needs.

i.e. baby seats on outsides and booster in the middle and now the baby seats behind driver and middle with booster behind passenger.

all work well, although it gets a bit squishy trying to get down to the belt buckles for the booster seat.

There are 3 anchor points.

There's enough leg room to walk past baby seats to get to the middle seat if you only use 2 baby seats on outsides.

The 3rd row is 1 big seat that folds up from boot. splits behind the front passenger so its very difficult to get in to if you have baby seat strapped in behind passenger (hence we moved the booster seat to it coz its easier to remove for access to the back row.)

Cheers

Gav

• 4 years later...

I am a satisfied Aurion owner who regularly contributes elsewhere in Toyota forums.

I have a family member who is looking at a S/H Kluger as family transport for wife, 3 kids plus dog etc. etc.

A used Kluger ticks most of the boxes except for the second row of seats. As previously described in this thread, the second row is really only suitable for two decent size persons, plus a ‘kiddy seat’ in the centre. This does not suit requirements, as three active kids sit in the second row.

I understand that the latest model Kluger has modified the seat in the second row, and it is now OK. However late model Kluger is currently too expensive. Is there any sort of after-market second row seat option that may suit that can be fitted, in lieu of the standard seat?

Comments appreciated.