Aurion/Camry/Kluger Central locking beep - Can it be disabled?

VIPZR6

About to pick up my second Aurion tommorow *rolls eyes*

Just a question, had a trawl through the forums but surprisingly didn't come across any threads about it - can the central locking beep which is present on the Aurions/Camry's and Klugers be disabled? Its probably something not alot of people do, but living in a quiet street, I dont want to be waking the street up when I lock or unlock my car.

Has anyone ever managed to do this or thought about doing it?

This is a customisable feature which can be turned on and off via the Body ECU with the use of the Toyota Intelligent Tester. Try to ask your local service department of they can do so for you. I can't say whether they would charge you for this or not. I guess it depends on how kind they are. I was charged about $27.50 when I asked them to make my remote unlock just the driver's door on the first key press then unlock the other doors on the second press.

doorlock2fx2.jpg

Just remember, this way involves you having to go back to Toyota if you want to change it back. Alternatively, you can just disconnect the buzzer and reconnect it if you want to later down the line. There are two buzzers and they are mounted in the actual headlight assembly.

This is a customisable feature which can be turned on and off via the Body ECU with the use of the Toyota Intelligent Tester. Try to ask your local service department of they can do so for you. I can't say whether they would charge you for this or not. I guess it depends on how kind they are. I was charged about $27.50 when I asked them to make my remote unlock just the driver's door on the first key press then unlock the other doors on the second press.

Just remember, this way involves you having to go back to Toyota if you want to change it back. Alternatively, you can just disconnect the buzzer and reconnect it if you want to later down the line. There are two buzzers and they are mounted in the actual headlight assembly.

So DJKOR, when you say you have to take it back to toyota to change it back, you still have to take it to toyota to change anything with their Toyota Intelligent Tester? I would love to change mine to just unlock the drivers door on 1 press of the remote, my previous 2003 Camry you could do it all with the owners manual. I guess it's just another way for toyota to make money. And VIPZR6, don't worry my neighbours hate me because of the Aurion, I was soldering up my footwell led strips one Saturday night, having a few beers and wanted to check something on the car, if you unlock the car and pop the bonnet then lock the car again it resets the security system, when I lifted the bonnet up it set off the alarm. This happened to me at 1.30am just 4 days after my neighbours car was broken into by someone smashing the drivers window. Woke them up and they are my good neighbours. But you are right about the beep, it can seem quite load late at night if you are getting home.

DJKOR, is there a simple plug to unplug just these or is it part of the entire headlight plug?

How did you go with the footwell LED strips Graeme? Much hassle in installing them? Just saw them on eBay. Along with a few other bits and peices...

Also, trying to figure out at the same time how to reprogram the spare key from my Black ZR6 which is no more to work on the White one. I found this, but unfortunately doesnt do me much help as of course the ZR6 has the smart keyless system;

http://realgy.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/reprogrammingadding-remote-to-toyota.html

Anyone had any success here?

VIPZR6, I got the strips from Jaycar, bought those proper 2 way plugs, the ones you get at most car shops & Jaycar or you could go with just crimp connectors, I just ran 150mm strips on each side, all self adheasive with peel off backing. When I found the wires to hook into I just run it from behind the glovebox to the drivers side. I put in the plugs so if the glove box or panel under the steering wheel ever has to be removed you can just unplug the strips. Cost me around $20 all up for the gear, the rest was just time, it's fiddly but if you are patient and don't rush it it's worth doing with the end result, I left the wires long so the wires don't get ripped out if the glove box or drive panel is removed but don't leave them too long or they could hang down into the footwells. I have the excess wire tucked up out of the way so it feeds out if the panels the strips are on are removed. As for the wires you hook into for them to work with the interior light there is a pick on a thread in here that shows the wires to hook into so they fade on and off with the overhead light (interior illumination) I think it is called or just search the word 'footwell' in forums and you will find it with a link to instructions & pics of a DIY intstall. If you can't find it I have a copy of the instructions from toyota on how to put the genuine ones in just so I knew where the wire are. I have included a copy of the pic that shows the wires you have to hook into behind the glovebox so they fade on and off with the overhead light. Good luck and any probs or questions, let me know.

post-27452-0-49051600-1331958377_thumb.j

The white wire is Positive and the Brown is negative but use a multimeter or test light to be sure.

Edited by SATORI893

DJKOR, is there a simple plug to unplug just these or is it part of the entire headlight plug?

How did you go with the footwell LED strips Graeme? Much hassle in installing them? Just saw them on eBay. Along with a few other bits and peices...

Also, trying to figure out at the same time how to reprogram the spare key from my Black ZR6 which is no more to work on the White one. I found this, but unfortunately doesnt do me much help as of course the ZR6 has the smart keyless system;

http://realgy.blogsp...-to-toyota.html

Anyone had any success here?

Also forgot to mention, the blue led strips I got from Jaycar are the flexible ones not the more expensive stiff ones. They guy who served me told me they are discontinuing them so if you want to go that way it might pay to get them before they run out. I believe they are being replaced by a similar flexible led strip with a protective cover so they can be used outside but these are much more expensive than the unconvered ones which is all you really need for footwell lights as they don't get any contact or knocked about.

• 5 months later...

I just discovered on my Aurion, to avoid the unlocking on locking beeps late at night if you use your key and not the remote it doesn't beep but still activateds the security system on locking. Now I can go to the car at anytime and not wake my neighbours.

• 2 weeks later...

I inquired with a Toyota dealership about disabling the "beep" when locking and "double beep" when opening with the remote and they quoted me something around $140 :mellow:

Might try asking a different dealer in case they can do it cheaper.

• 2 years later...