50 Series Camry Hybrid H & HL

Adamsy

Hybrid Camry images and specs have being relased here too now.

2.5 2AR-FXE 2.5-litre Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder is all new 118kW and 213Nm - up from 105kw - combined power 151kw up from 140kw

MG2 Electric Engine Produces 105kw & 270nm

Combined Fuel consumption is 5.2L/100kms - down from 6.0L/100kms

Boot Capacity is up from 389L to 421L

Hybrid Camry can now also tow... a WHOPPING 300kg....

There are 2 different models, H & HL (no prizes for guessing what they stand for)

H looks like an Altise with ofocurse the signature hybrid grill and head lamps and the HL looks like an classier altise with sharper angles and plenty of chrome and foglamps and ofocurse singature headlamps and grill.

other features include:

Blind-spot monitor and automatic high-beam. Standard features for both grades comprise, alloy wheels (16-inch for Camry H, 17-inch for HL), electric driver's seat adjustment, dual-zone climate control, hill-start assist control, keyless entry/start and reversing camera. Camry H makes do with a six-speaker audio system and 6.1-inch display screen. Added equipment for the Camry HL amounts to front fog lights, rear lip spoiler, chrome door handles, chrome rear garnish, leather trim, upgraded door trim, memory function for driver's seat, electrically-adjustable front-passenger's seat, electro-chromatic rear-view mirror and electric rear sunshade. Icing on the cake comes with rain-sensing wipers, a dipping external mirror when reverse gear is selected, rear parking sensors with acoustic guidance and a JBL 10-speaker digital audio with integrated satellite navigation.

Can't wait for the Hybrid Road show to drive this new car along with Prius C and V.

The Hybrid Press Launch was done in Tassie and one of the cars that actually were used to map out the route (semi disguised) actually sat about work for a few weeks, so i could see the outside and look in but that was it though. The do a cool blue starter button though haha.

There is a write up in today's Daily Telegraph Motoring section. The write up was very good and gave lot's of positives, no real negatives. 4 out 5 stars. Very well priced to others considering the bigger motor.

As the suspension had been tweaked for better ride and handling on our roads, Toyota USA will be using the same specs on their petrol camry. It's all mentioned in the write up.

Hello all,

Longtime reader, just joined.

When will will we be able to buy the new Camry Hybrid, does anyone know? I need to buy a new car soon, so would like to get some idea if possible.

Thanks, Coolscan.

Hello all,

Longtime reader, just joined.

When will will we be able to buy the new Camry Hybrid, does anyone know? I need to buy a new car soon, so would like to get some idea if possible.

Thanks, Coolscan.

Hi mate, you should be able to test drive Camry Hybrid at the end of thid month or very early next month. You can also get a 40 series dirt cheap at the moment.

I downloaded the other day the brochure for the new Camry Hybrid. Go to the Toyota website and you can book a test drive and I guess find out when they will be for sale. That might depend on what pre-orders have been taken.

Many thanks to those who replied. Local dealer, who was unable to help at all last week, now says Toyota will begin wholesaleing them at the end of the month.

Thanks again, Coolscan.

Many thanks to those who replied. Local dealer, who was unable to help at all last week, now says Toyota will begin wholesaleing them at the end of the month.

Thanks again, Coolscan.

Hi Mate, your local dealer should now have some more information and brochures for your review. Should be able to drive one in the coming weeks.

These should be available to see at the toyota showrooms now.

I got a call from Toyota last week asking if i want to book a test drive at my local dealer.

These should be available to see at the toyota showrooms now.

I got a call from Toyota last week asking if i want to book a test drive at my local dealer.

Depends where you are in the country, yes no doubt Melbourne City Toyota may have stock. Some Vic dealers have Prius C's and others won't see there stocks for another week or two. just depends where you are.

Good morning and thanks for your posts. I have been away for a few days, and while in a large Central Qld town was able to see and sit in a new H model fresh off the truck. Also got a brochure. Have booked for a test drive locally when available.

Regards, Coolscan.

• 1 month later...

Holy Smack!

Camry Hybrid has got the winning knod from the jurno's in a head to head clash with Fords new Ecoboost Falcon and the "tired" VE Commodore 3.0 SIDI.

http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/2012/large-passenger/ford/camry/eco-friendly-aussie-family-sedan-comparison-30261

How will the "bogans" sleep at night now? LOL

Lol yes i think we’ve all come to the sad conclusion that the jurno's in this country are not the most switched on or often all that correct when ti comes to trim levels haha.