[Thread for the car formally known as] The Storm Trooper ZR6

VIPZR6

After having a Black ZR6 for a total of 5 days and writing it off, and a lot of insurance stuff around, finally got myself back into a White 08 ZR6 smile.png

Your typical ZR6 with all the usual trimmings etc. Came on a set of Potenza RE-001s smile.png

Currently has;
- Unknown percentage window tint (not dark enough for my liking but it will do)
- AUX port mod to factory head unit
- Front footwell lighting (probably be revised down the track to be controlled by door action)
- Complete LED conversion of all interior lighting and numberplate lighting to White LEDs
- Rear diffuser sprayed black - tutorial here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/36866-diy-paint-rear-diffuser-black-on-aurion/
- Boot badging removed (when I bought it)

Future plans are minimal as still being on P's for another couple of years and currently on a single income;

- CAI (either DIY or K&N Ram intake)
- Exhaust - more than likely replaceing rear mufflers with something a bit more open, along with tips.
- Lowering 30mm all round
- Wheels - atleast 19's at this stage, still unsure of the design

ED: Latest pic so far (24/6/13)

1017668_483118928438226_588193866_n.jpg

ED: Car is now no longer in my possesion

post-27437-0-36995800-1333249811_thumb.j

post-27437-0-05558000-1333249831_thumb.j

post-27437-0-71458100-1333249848_thumb.j

Edited by VIPZR6

Mate love the LEDs. Which globe did you use for the center festoon light. Mine is so much duller then yours

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260902548073?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_2491wt_1037

Used one of those ^ Its not the best fit, as its slightly longer than standard, but it still fits with some persistence and works quite well!

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed you painted your diffuser like mine! nice mod :D

Did you perma paint it? i did mine with Plasti dip, looks just like paint but peels off if you don't like/want or sell down the track.

I almost 3M'd it with the left over wrap from my roof job but the plasti was easier and simpler.

anyways commin along nicely .

I just noticed you painted your diffuser like mine! nice mod :D

Did you perma paint it? i did mine with Plasti dip, looks just like paint but peels off if you don't like/want or sell down the track.

I almost 3M'd it with the left over wrap from my roof job but the plasti was easier and simpler.

anyways commin along nicely .

Yeah I ended up doing it with Acrylic bumper black. Not too worried about not liking it, as soon as I saw yours I fell in love :)

How much did your roof end up costing you for the wrap? Thinking of doing something similar

• 2 weeks later...

Just put the money down on these. Probably wont actually end up on the car for quite some time while I save money for the tires to go on them though :( There's also a minor fracture on of the wheels which will need to be TIG'd up. Possibly contemplating the idea of getting them re-coated in the Gun-Metal or a shadow chrome.

Factory TRD 19's for those of you guessing :)

post-27437-0-63386200-1335480499_thumb.j

Just put the money down on these. Probably wont actually end up on the car for quite some time while I save money for the tires to go on them though :( There's also a minor fracture on of the wheels which will need to be TIG'd up. Possibly contemplating the idea of getting them re-coated in the Gun-Metal or a shadow chrome.

i saw these on ebay :D

hoping you got a bargain !

Not bad for $310 ;)

Thinking of either Plasti Dipping or Vinyl wrapping my roof. Which is going to be more effective? Im worried more about the long term effect of the original paint not being able to breath under whatever I cover it with...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BLACK-PERFORMIX-PLASTI-DIP-FLEXIBLE-RUBBER-AEROSOL-/280822637693?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416255647d#ht_5291wt_1037

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GLOSSIFIER-PERFORMIX-PLASTI-DIP-FLEXIBLE-RUBBER-AEROSOL-TOP-GLOSS-COATING-/280867078291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4164fb8093#ht_5785wt_905

Hey Josh, using a vinyl won't hurt paint, good protector against the elements.

DON'T use plastidip to do your roof mate, and my advice is get a pro to wrap the roof if you go that way.

Plastidip is a can paint, you will end up striping, the cans nozzles due to the type of paint your spraying don't give a good fan.

A good fan is essential to a good even paint job. Plastidip's great for badges grills rims and smallish areas but not for a pro finish roof job.

If you decide to diy wrap, make sure its a warm-hot day, you have a really clean dust free area and a mate with a lotta patience and watch as many youtube vids as you can.

Thinking of either Plasti Dipping or Vinyl wrapping my roof. Which is going to be more effective? Im worried more about the long term effect of the original paint not being able to breath under whatever I cover it with...

Unless you have anti anxiety pills and the patience of a Shao-Lin monk..... PAY A PRO!!! YouTube tutorials make vinyl wrapping look deceptively easy...

That being said, plenty of gloss black off cuts still laying around my garage if you want some pieces just short enough to be useless.

DIY is gonna be the way to go since I live 3 hours from the nearest capital city. Unfortunately being that it looks like the last of the warm weather has been for the year I may have to wait.

Defyant, how long did it take you to wrap your roof? and did you use just the one piece or did you manage to do it cleanly enough in sections

On another note I did have a thought with what to use the Plasti Dip for that isnt the roof. Bit of euro-flare, thats my only hint ;)

Grats on your rims mate!

No way id do a roof wrap in sections? ya'd see the joins :( it's all one sheet. It's not perfect! that's mostly not due to my efforts but thanks to the carriers neglect. I'm mostly told that it looks good. It was only ever a cheep way to see if i liked the look without spending a fortune on 2pak and committing to some thing permanent . As it stands now the direction im keen to take the car now the black roof possibly won't suit.

Hot or cold you can still diy wrap a roof, i just got lucky it was a stinker that day. Still most of the job was done inside the garage to ensure no dust laid down under the wrap.

I was lucky enuf to work out right from the get go to work the vinyl from the center of the roof towards the outer edges.

If you have some spot lamps you can throw those above and have a enuf heat to do the job. If you have 2 mates that are will to help you and hold the outer points up you can stand on a small foot stool etc and just work the vinyl down.. remember working from the middle out! so you are always working behind any possible air being trapped. When you feel the vinyl stiffening up wave you hair dryer over it.

Having 2 mates makes all the diff.

This is the extent of the cracking on 1 of the rims. Currently getting a few quotes locally on a repair if anyone down here will touch it.

1z3136t.jpg

2pu0dgz.jpg

• 2 months later...

Been a long few months of house moving, court cases and broke-ness. So, not much has really happened on the white bitch. But after years of not having a garage, I finally have one after moving! so more stuff is probably going to start happening now

Found a place in Melbourne that's going to have a crack at the split in my TRD, if all goes well next stage will be saving up for some rubber...

Taking it down this coming weekend, thought id give it a spring clean and coat of wax for protection. Snapped a couple of shots seconds before it rained.

post-27437-0-50135900-1343550589_thumb.j

post-27437-0-05664500-1343550611_thumb.j