Wont stamp the service book? - Mitchell, Canberra Service Dept.

Here's the story. I booked my KX-S Kluger in for a 80K book service here at Toyota Mitchell, Canberra. Some of the things listed in this service are Diff oil change, Transfer oil change, transmission oil change, intank fuel filter change, change brake fluid, clean AC filter, replace air filer , etc...plus the regular listed routine stuff they do.

I told the person on the counter NOT to do the following: Diff oil change, Transfer oil change, transmission oil change as I already got these additionally done (by the same service dept) on 70K service. I told the person to check the history on their database and they can confirm it there.

Then this person then said to me "what else do you want us to do then? There's nothing else to do on this service. We cant stamp this service book". I said its not necessary to change these as they are only 10K old and why wont they stamp the book? They are the same service dept who carried out all these work 10K ago.

This person didnt say a word, took my keys and said to pick up the car in the afternoon.

It seems like they wanted/insisted to get these done eventhough its NOT neccessary so I can have around $1,100 quoted bill? Why cant they just acknowledge that these were already been done not long ago and no point doing it after 10K ago.

Im not a happy Toyota customer at the moment and I'll go somewhere alse now after this. Can anybody recommend another place to carry out my book service?

that person behind the counter deserves a kick in the head. go to another reputable mechanic to carry the work out for you. it will be also cheaper than having a toyota dealership do the job for u. theywill stamp it too

that person behind the counter deserves a kick in the head. go to another reputable mechanic to carry the work out for you. it will be also cheaper than having a toyota dealership do the job for u. theywill stamp it too

Yeah, I really do feel like kickin his head !

I'll go to a different mechanic now for sure. Any locals here? Have you heard of Premier Automotive in Micthell and if they are any good?

Thanks.

They won't stamp it because those oils are required to be changed at certain service intervals for a reason. You are adding another 10,000 km to the oil age which is not part of their specified service program. It should still be a fixed price service unless it was an early 09 model.

If you had issues with those components would you expect warranty?