AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

danpelleg

LC200 problems

1 post in this topic

Hi,

my name is Dan Pelleg and I'm living in....Israel. Owning an LC200 TD 2008, I'd thought I'd get a very good car (following 2 Prado's). unfortunately I'm running into issues which the local dealer and the Toyota techies are not managing to resolve

-when car is cold in the morning it has difficulties to start. once it does start, sometimes out of the blue, on the freeway, the engine shuts down w/o warning

-when standing on slanted street (diagonal/uphill) in D, the car slides backwards

tks for any fruitfull inputs

Dan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• High Revs on Cold start 2012 Levin ZRE182R
      By Zuzu1M\\\
      I have a 2012 Levin SX Auto ZRE182R
      On COLD start up, after being garaged over night, it will rev to 2000 to 2150 RPM on start up before settling on about 1500 RPM.
      It will do this 50% of the time on cold start up, otherwise it starts up at 1500 RPM.
      I Have taken it to two different Toyota dealerships, and both have told me this is normal.
      My argument with them is, that if it was normal, it would consistently cold start at either 2000 RPM or 1500 RPM, and not 50% of the time.
      Has anyone else here on this forum experienced this odd cold start behavior.
    • Cold start / sluggish take off
      By StephenT
      I have a 7th gen 2000 automatic celica. On start up, the car has to be warmed up for a couple of minutes before taking off. If you take off before that, the car is extremely sluggish and non-responsive when pressing the throttle. It seems as if there is no choke or there is little to no fuel getting to where it needs to get to. This something that seems out of place for a modern car. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?