2011 KXS Bluetooth

Rockgod

I have the 2011 KXS and am having trouble with the bluetooth.

The wife keeps complaining that her phone does not connect with the bluetooth kit.

I've managed to get it working and it works for a week or so then goes back to saying 'connection failed'.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also, it seems that only 1 phone can be paired as as soon as you add another phone you get all sorts of problems.

Rock

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The Kluger Bluetooth is very substandard, we have an 09 model with similar problems, (nothing has changed in years) Toyota are unable to fix it. They blame the supplier. Look at past threads, all with the same problem with the bluetooth. Iphones are sometimes better. It's the software, they (Fujistsu)cannot keep up with the new phone technology.

good luck.

I've got 3 phones linked to the KX-R standard radio and all work well. It is a little tricky getting them paired intially but mine have remained so for over 2 weeks now.

Phones are 1 x Sony X10i on android & 2 LG E900 Window 7.5 os.

So maybe the latest systems are fine, it's only a problem with recent units.

In this case where do we stand if there is a known problem with the previous version where the device does not function as it is supposed to, there have been numerous reports of the same issue, and the newer version works fine?

Are we entitled to get the unit updated to the version that functions as it is supposed to?

Rock

Well Cameron, I would not be happy with that situation. In reality the product does not perform as it supposed to so therefore it is "faulty" (in my reckoning)

As long as it is not a fault of the phone? or the method used to pair the devices then your dealer should do something to make it right.

As you say, others have mentioned the same problem so that will be something to fall back on if they try to debate the matter.

If you receive a negative response from the dealer (unlikely) then call Toyota Australia... there is a 1800 # in your handbook.

I contacted them a while back re a problem with a Camry radio and they were good to speak to. Unusual for a car company but true.

In that case it was the problem with the early ACV40R Camry's where the radio face was so bright it affected your vision at night.

It turned out that Toyota had a TSB issued for those earlier models and the radio was completely replaced with a new one which was not as bright.

Seems a silly thing to do over just a light bulb but i did not complain.

On the front of your radio it will have a number that identifies the model and mod level... mine is 22840. They may want to know that when you call them.

Let us know how you get on?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I cant get my nokia to pair with the bluetooth either, the missus Iphone did, however for how long who knows, she was in the car when I was pairing the phone to the blue tooth and it picked up the Iphone by accident, so we took the Iphone away and nothing, it keep displaying failed bluetooth conection, so I have givien up with it.

The last time I was at my local toyota dealer the was a couple of people having trouble with there bluetooth working, so were not alone and there were newer cars than mine.

Yes from all reports seems like a lottery if it works and a massive general resistance from Toyota to ack their issues, listen to the consumer and fix it.

See my post in steering shaft issue: told them I heard a noise like xyz they then fix it under warranty because the issue is rampant and known. Tell them all about head unit issues including where 6 times in 6 months its lets out an enormous bang, turns off radio/ipod and whole family recovers from what sounds like a gunshot going off in the cabin. Toyota response is we cant really do anything until we hear it.

Maybe I should just record a gunshot in a confined space and tell Toyota I recorded my noise by constantly recording everytime I drove the car and see what they say. Seems fairly simple to me: a loud bang is a loud bang and the head unit turning itself off seems pretty simple as well plus bt issues. Things happening which shouldn't happen, therefore do something about it Toyota!

Iphones pair with Toyota bluetooth quite well. toyota changed our head unit with out any change to Bluetooth pairing with Nokia phones. Head unit display would read " not available" But, I did download the latest software for my wifes Nokia, it now pairs quite well. My 6120 will not even with the a software upgrade. Iphones seem to be good all round mobiles anyway. I ended up buying a Tom Tom GPS with Bluetooth, it works.

good luck

Geoff

Our 3 phones are still working fine. One is a Sony X10 Android and the other 2 are LG E900 WP7.5 phones. Works perfectly and have never dropped off since first being programmed as per the radio instruction book that came with the 2012 Kluger KX-R.

It seems that problems occur with either particular models of phones and as such is no responsiblitiy of Toyota to correct or the earlier version of the radio, ie 2007/8 ish.. But if others are woking ok then that would dismiss the problem being with the Kluger radio.

Is there something else you could pair your phone with for a week or so to see if it maintains consistant recognition with thar?? A laptop or another mobile would be a way to test it. Having dome some process of elimination testing would give your claim more substance that the Kluger radio is at fault?

Edited by KX-R & ACV40R

You will note that toyota have deleted the Bluetooth wording from the current Brochure. We kept our info pack from Toyota which said the Kluger has a "bluetooth compatible" radio. This was our position when dealing with warranty. One of the main reasons for buying the Kluger.

Iphones pair ok, that's more than Toyota would say.

Good luck