Radio,Mirrors, Cigarette lighter, NOT WORKING!! all fuses good

lovelytom

Hi people,

Car is a 2005 Tarago 2.4L. Girlfriend drove to Goldcoast with GPS charger,everything is fine ,drove back :Radio,Mirrors, Cigarette lighter, NOT WORKING .Now the Radio CD won't turn on,can still turn the a/c and heater on, and Cigarette lighter ,the Electric mirrors don't work at all. (headlight ,fan ,wiper,power window work fine )

I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay (4 fuse boxes : 1 box driver side,1 box passenger side and 2 under bonet),no fuse behind glove box . and they all good, even did a continuity test on each to prove it on each one.

On driver side fuse box ,key on ,I use a voltmeter to check and there are 8 fuses have 12v ,but 2 fuses 10A has nothing .

I pull driver side fuse base out (3 nuts only) and replaced all Relays behind it,unlpug and replug all connector ,not help any.

If someone could please help that would be great.

Thankyou!

Tom

Hi people,

Update some thing ....

Car is a 2005 Tarago 2.4L. Girlfriend drove to Goldcoast with GPS charger,everything is fine ,drove back :Radio,power Mirrors, Cigarette lighter: NOT WORKING .Now the Radio CD won't turn on,can still turn the a/c and heater on, but Cigarette lighter ,the Electric mirrors don't work at all. (Digital clock ,headlight ,fan ,wiper,power window work fine )

I have checked all the fuses (4 fuse boxes : 1 box driver side,1 box passenger side and 2 under bonet in the engine bay ),no fuse behind glove box . they're all good, even did a continuity test on each to prove it on each one.

Opened driver side fuse box ,key on ,I use a voltmeter to check and there are 9 fuses have 12v:Stop ,Gauge, A/C, I.GN, ECU-IG, WIPER, CIG,AM-1, OBD-II ,but 2 fuses 10A marked S-HTR® and S-HTR(L) have nothing zero volt. Don't know S-HTR mean (?)

I pulled driver side fuse base out (3 bolts only) and replaced all Relays behind it,unplug and replug all connector ,not help any.

Ah, one more thing: CIG marked 15A fuse ,but old owner put 30A fuse ...look no burn wires .

If someone could please help that would be great.

Thankyou!

Tom

Why did you replace the relays?

Also is there a fuse box underneath the glove box? Might have a little plastic cover on the bottom that may be covering it

Looked through the owners manual to see locations of all fuses & fuse boxes?

Might have to take it to an auto electrician

There are 36 views ,and 1 reply only .Thanks for yr reply Viper33 .I replace the relays to tried if it works....but no luck.

Finally I found the problem and can fix it .I post update here to help 1 idea for someone later .

As I stated above ,this CIG fuse always has 12v power ,doesn't matter the key on or off . I used 1 good wire to connect directly from center pole of Cigarette (positive) to the Cigarette fuse's metal dot (fuse is still in its place).Every fuse has 2 metal dots on top for you to test it . BOOOoooM..... Haha... don't worry ...And everything :Radio,Power Mirrors, Cigarette lighter work back perfectly. So this wire from the CIG fuse to this Cigarette lighter has broken and this wire handle all Radio,Power Mirrors, Cigarette lighter.I think the wrong fuse 30A is too heavy load ,so if there is any go wrong ,it would not burn the 30A fuse ,but burn the wire .That why they always ask you to use right fuse .

Now I need to find out where to fix/joint that new wire ,or in worst case I will connect a new wire along with the old one ,direct from a Cig fuse leg .Color this wire look grey ...Anyone have any idea to help me where to connect this from the Cig fuse ??

There are 36 views ,and 1 reply only .Thanks for yr reply Viper33 .

You have to remember that not everyone that views your thread may have knowledge on a Tarago and sometimes, depending on the question, it may be safer not to provide generic advice to prevent making problems any worse. This forum sees hundreds upon hundreds of visitors a day with all kinds of Toyota's and various other cars. Your ratio of views to replies is bound to be high.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all ,Thanks for your info .

The only way I could do is use a new wire to connected from ACC+ to Cigarette lighter positive .But I tried many wires from ignition key ,some are always have 12v, and some don't have any volt at all with any key possition . I could not find which is a ACC wire which has 12v when key is on Acc ,and Off when key is off.

There is no big Red or Yellow wire in a bunch of wires from ignition key .So any one please tell me what color is the ACC wire for Tarago .

Thank you .

• 11 years later...