How do I toot the horn :-|??

MaryB

I have recently bought a 2008 Aurion and this evening I wanted to toot the horn at my neighbour and could not figure out how to do it :-| In all my other cars you simply hit the centre of the steering wheel. I have been through the user manual and can not find the answer... so, if I find someone slowly reversing into me without looking... how the heck to I toot the horn to warn them of an impending collission??

The horn is situated behind the whole center cap on the steering wheel. If nothing occurs once you push it, then something's wrong.

You have no idea how much I hope you are right...

There's even a tiny little horn logo on the steering wheel telling you that the horn is indeed behind the steering wheel pad just like just about every other car made in the last 80 years

OK - the first thing I tried was pressing the centre of the steering wheel... nothing happened. I then thought perhaps the horn might be on the end of the indicator (nope). If I am in a situation where someone is about to back into me (as happened in my old car) I need to be able to sound some sort of warning. ... so, it could be that the fuse is blown. Is it not part of the road-worthiness of the car that the horn works?

I sense a troll but ill just chime in just in case.

I'm with hiro. look for a picture of a horn on the steering wheel. press that. If that doesn't work check your horn fuse. If u just bought it there should be a road worthy certificate or equivalent. did u check over the whole car before buying it? Also before anyone flames her, yes there were some cars (namely my dads te cortina) that has the horn on the end of the indicator. but cars these days are more likely on the steering wheel itself.

shouldn't be too hard to find mate.

lol. Android T9 doesn't believe that 'tooting' is a word.

Damn autocorrect

i was actually not the "tooting" but also use of the word "horn" in the most convenient of places and also the sarcasm of being "fined and loss of derimit points" after HAHA

OK. I went down to the car with a torch (it was night) so tht I could see the picture of the horn on the steering wheel (the interior light did not give sufficient illumination for these 60 year old eyes, even with my reading glasses on). It is actually about the way you press it. It is not dead-centre but below centre and it does work. Thanks everyone. :-)

How can I say this in the nicest way possible...Please hangyd in your licence, you should not have it.

its a 60 year old..don't be so harsh.

Seriously, you want someone who can't use a horn on the road? It's not harsh, it's saying what needs to be said.

Being able to use the horn is a requirement to be able to operate a vehicle safely. It is also one of the simplest things a driver could do (how many of us have does it instinctively in some circumstances :) )

If it takes you that long to figure out where it is, then justify to me how one would be able to react SAFELY in TIME to the rather spontaneous and unpredictable things that happen on the roads (wander into lanes, cut you off etc)

I'm with Trent, do the right thing and don't wait until you kill someone, or cause someone to be killed, before you be honest with yourself

You guys are bein' kinda harsh. I'll admit that perhaps SOME older drivers are unable to react to a situation on the roads due to slower reflexes or whatever, but I also know a lot of 17 - 25 year olds that would struggle to react sufficiently to avoid a collision. I don't believe that driving skill has anything whatsoever to do with age. I've witnessed older people (50 - 60 yr old) that have skills well above the average 20 - 25 yr old. Perhaps a better scenario would be to educate drivers better initially ( ie. compulsory gravel road, wet road, night driving etc.) and retesting every 5 years. A person should hold their licence until they are incapable of passing the test or they give it up willingly. I dread the day someone from dept of transport tells me I can't drive because I'm too old. PS, Have you considered that this lady may have bought the aurion to replace a much older car and was in the process of familiarizing herself with it when she discovered this "problem".? Usually the best way to learn something is to ask people who know. This is exactly what she did.