Sat Nav map version on 2012 Camry

SLong

Hello... just want to find out from other Camry Atara SL and Hybrid L owners what version of the map was installed in your Camry's Sat Nav unit.

Was trying to locate a place here in WA the other day and it couldn't find the address. When I checked the map version, mine was dated back in July 2011. I got the car in Oct 2012 so was expecting at least a 2012 map version.

Just curious....

Current version should be V18. They don't go by years, only by version numbers. Usually a new version is issued every 12-24 months.

We're yet to see an update for the Atara SL/Hybrid hL nav units. They run a HDD instead of a DVD for the maps, and by the looks of things, are a bit of a mission to update. You have to obtain a disc serial number from a new disc, then obtain a key through a toyota.jp site, which the unit will ask for before the maps can be upgraded.

• Like 1

Ah OK, thanks :)

I noticed that the update process for the SatNav units on the new AtaraSL/HybridL are different to the older Camry's... just hope that updating it won't be more expensive :P Considering we just bought a GPS for the wife's car for under $100 with free lifetime map updates - and this GPS unit has spoken street names, which I'm surprised that the built-in ones didn't.

• 1 year later...

I agree, having used my TomTom Go750 for some time and now just bought my Atara SL I miss the information the Toyota does not give. I.E. red light cameras, over speeding warnings, vocal limit changes and also the actual road speed. I must use it one day and see how accurate the SL speedo is.

• 1 year later...