LED tail lights and new headlights

91Luxy

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find LED tail lights to fit my 91 Hilux (tray back) and what bulbs do people recommend using as a replacement for factory headlights as the factory head lights are very dull and in some situations dangerous.

Thanks

91Luxy :D

Hi mate welcome to the club

The main headlights you can upgrade your bulbs to maybe something like Philips Osram bulbs.. they probably have just basic ones at the moment. Also is the headlight itself corroded inside?

Hi, and thanks.

I had a look today and there was no corrosion on the actual headlights, I fixed the problem slightly last night as I found the headlight adjustment screws however they still are not very bright.

I,d say your utes more than likely got sealed beams in it,easy to tell, look at the back of the headlight if it has a non removable globe its a sealed beam unit.Go and upgrade to a set of headlight inserts that accept H4 quartz halogen globes and Bobs your uncle,nice bright lights,Probably get a set from the wreckers for $20-$40 a pair.Heaps of cars use the same size lights as you need,just scout around,Just dont be a wally and put HID inserts in them.Illegal and the police will defect you as a result.For LED tail lights go to a trailer or caravan spares,heaps to choose from.Get a reputable brand;Narva,Hella,Osram ,not some $2 cheap ar*e chinese sh*t.Also with LED you might have to run a resistor or the flasher will think you have a blown globe and flash alot quicker due to the low current draw,just ask and they will know all about it,

cheers mate

Edited by CONROD

No probs mate.I wasnt implying you would go cheap .I once sold a pair of quartz halogen headlights to a young apprentice for $20 at work as he had a hilux same as yours,took him 10 mins to remove and install them,even though they only had the run of the mill (so to speak ) 55/60w globes, the beam and light they thru out was 3 times better than the original he replaced,from memory they were KOTO brand headlights.And the beauty of it was the original relay.wiring,and alternator output handled it without any dramas as the current draw was on par with the OEM.He loved them that much when he sold it as a trade in he simply swapped them back over and kept them.I picked them up at the wreckers for $20 the pair.

You can get quartz halogen sealed beams but one stone chip and they are blown as with any sealed beam. :wacko:

Cheers mate, another place good for picking up LED tailights is a truck spare parts place,they would have that many different shapes,sizes,you would be like a kid in a lolly factory deciding which ones you want. :clap:

Edited by CONROD