Reversing Camera No Signal

masasaki

Alright I'm not too sure whats happening with my reversing camera, but when I put it in reverse the camera lights up so I know its working and the screen automatically changes, but it doesn't show me what's behind me. Instead it shows me some plugs and the words "No Signal."

I have plugged in the AV cord, soldered the wire to the reverse cable in the front and the camera to the positive and negative cables to the rear reverse lights, but still nothing....Anyone come across this problem before?

I don't have a reversing camera, only a front camera which I installed. Is the AV cable plugged into the correct connections (screen/camera)? That is what I believe the screen showing plugs is about.

My front camera which uses a SD card has 3 connections (power, Video output, External GPS), so I would think that the rear camera would also have more then one connection to it. Recheck your connections at both the rear camera and screen.

I don't have a reversing camera, only a front camera which I installed. Is the AV cable plugged into the correct connections (screen/camera)? That is what I believe the screen showing plugs is about.

My front camera which uses a SD card has 3 connections (power, Video output, External GPS), so I would think that the rear camera would also have more then one connection to it. Recheck your connections at both the rear camera and screen.

Alright I'll run you down how its connected at the moment. So at the back is obviously the camera and that's connected to the av cord and I have already soldered the camera wires to the positive and negative wires on the reversing lights on the left side. Then wired it through the carpet and at the dash I have soldered this other wire to another wire labelled "BACK" on the ISO Cable and now it engages and the screen changes when in reverse, whereas before it didn't. But no signal........Any other thoughts ozz?

I'm not that electrically minded, but I'll throw these ideas out there.

The wires solded to the left reversing light, if correctly connected, when you put the car in reverse the camera would be on, I would imagine a small light would show for ON. Is there a on/off switch on the camera?

The AV cord from the camera, is that what has been soldered to the wire labelled BACK?

Is there is no AV input connection on the screen for a rear camera. Could it be resistance with the soldering.

I did a quick Google and came across this website for installing rear camera.

One thing it mentions in its Tricks and Warning - "You must have the rear-view monitor set up and installed correctly to receive the video signal from the rear-view camera".

http://www.ehow.com/how_2026378_install-camera-car.html

Hope some of this helps.

I found the problem. It was actually quite a stupid one. All I did wrong was the AV cable I plugged it into the wrong port at the back of the head unit. So all I did was change the port the cables were plugged in and WO-LA :D Maybe try that handsome?

Not really a mistake, cheap ***** chinese camera one of the connectors was a bit funky. Would flicker on and off if i played around with the connectors, only noticed it through the car as i was playing with cords in the back trying to figure it out. Ended up snipping and just straight twist+tape everything lol

Two cameras, both with dodgy connector plugs... this is where quality control should come in haha

Not really a mistake, cheap ***** chinese camera one of the connectors was a bit funky. Would flicker on and off if i played around with the connectors, only noticed it through the car as i was playing with cords in the back trying to figure it out. Ended up snipping and just straight twist+tape everything lol

Two cameras, both with dodgy connector plugs... this is where quality control should come in haha

I don't actually understand what you just said but I'm glad you found your problem :D