Aurion Sportivo ZR6

austeagle

Welcome :)

Any mods planned?

Did not like certain aspects of the look of the new sportivo's but its grown on me :)

It looks good on your dp

But the Aurions are a good car

• Like 1

make sure u drive it like a old lady for the first 1000 ks...and try not to rev it above 3000rpm...and stay below 100...this is very important for a NEW car

Edited by kptm
  • Like 1

Hey mate...just wondering...how are the swirl marks on your ride...i have horrendous swirl marks..on mine and need to get polished!

make sure u drive it like a old lady for the first 1000 ks...and try not to rev it above 3000rpm...and stay below 100...this is very important for a NEW car

He's right. I had to drive like that for first 1,000 kms with my car last year. Didn't cruise much. Until september arrived, and car went past 1,000 km mark, I started to cruise around alot. I bought car in june last year and right now I am sitting under 10,000 kms. So 1,000 kms each month since then. Yeah lotta cruising lol

• Like 1

kptm, haven't noticed any swirl marks, the dealership must have buffed it well. But along this topic: how best to clean? Also, is there any benefit in using premium 98 ULP? Thanks again!

kptm, haven't noticed any swirl marks, the dealership must have buffed it well. But along this topic: how best to clean? Also, is there any benefit in using premium 98 ULP? Thanks again!

i use 98... havnt used any other so i cant tell u anything...

Cleaning...

USe the 2 bucket method...AND DONT USE SPONGE TO CLEAN YR CAR!!!..

Just google 2 bucket method car wash and ull get the details... make sure u used a car wash shampoo that is only car wash..no wax in it...(personally i find that car wash shampoo with wax in it dries quicker and leaves water spots)...

mmm no swirl marks...u lucky bugger...i have so many swirls...bloody annoying...

i used turtle wax black box for waxing (takes a long time...but man its worth it..look at the pics)...but its mainly for black cars...but i read on couple of forums...that it can be used for dark greys as yr car...

post-30585-0-24535800-1366610216_thumb.j

post-30585-0-51569300-1366610308_thumb.j

post-30585-0-15282800-1366610404_thumb.j

He's right. I had to drive like that for first 1,000 kms with my car last year. Didn't cruise much. Until september arrived, and car went past 1,000 km mark, I started to cruise around alot. I bought car in june last year and right now I am sitting under 10,000 kms. So 1,000 kms each month since then. Yeah lotta cruising lol

wow really...i got my car october november last year and i hit 7000 marks last week...really need to stop using my car for 6 months...

You should always use 98 since i believe the Aurion's V6 engine develops 4kW extra over 91

Not to mention improved fuel economy

Hey mate...just wondering...how are the swirl marks on your ride...i have horrendous swirl marks..on mine and need to get polished!

Give this a shot next time you plan to do a full detail. http://www.meguiars.com.au/products/professional-products/mirror-glaze/swirl-remover-2-0/

Should be able to pick it up at your local Autobarn etc. Works wonders when applied correctly :)

Edited by VIPZR6

Give this a shot next time you plan to do a full detail. http://www.meguiars.com.au/products/professional-products/mirror-glaze/swirl-remover-2-0/

Should be able to pick it up at your local Autobarn etc. Works wonders when applied correctly :)

mate i wouldnt trust me to work with a power buffer...id probably over do it..and i dont own a power buffer... im thinking about getting it professionally polished!

mate i wouldnt trust me to work with a power buffer...id probably over do it..and i dont own a power buffer... im thinking about getting it professionally polished!

Haha fair enough, power buffer is recommended but I had good results buffing by hand. Just need some elbow grease :)

I generally avoid power buffing unless a surface is VERY bad shape (years and years of oxidization)

Congrats on the purchase. Great choice in colour and car :D

On the 98 or 91 petrol discussion. There is a forum for that right here which was started by me:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/26303-bp-ultimate-vs-shell-v-power/

Edited by Silver-Aurion

• 1 year later...

Hi all, just bought a 2013 ZR6, bloody fantastic car has 8,000 on it. But I can't find a speed alert even after reading the huge owner manuals. Any idea - I think I will need it with all the fast pack excelleration.