Replacing Head Unit in Corolla Ascent 2008

Hi all,

I am replacing my girlfriends headunit in her Toyota Corolla Ascent 2008 and I need some help finding a replacement.

I have attached images of what she currently has and here are some links to eBay auctions for new headunits.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I measured the unit that is in there currently and it's around 20cms width and 10cms height.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290855756390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221210230479?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Thanks in advance.

Michael

post-6365-0-09377200-1366585706_thumb.jp

hey,

most will fit but you just have to buy the plastic faces on the sides to cover up the gaps because our factory one is wider than usual.

i got a double din touch screen one and had to buy 2 fascia panels to hide some gaps from autobarn.

hope that helps!

hey,

most will fit but you just have to buy the plastic faces on the sides to cover up the gaps because our factory one is wider than usual.

i got a double din touch screen one and had to buy 2 fascia panels to hide some gaps from autobarn.

hope that helps!

Thanks for your help here. If I buy one of these wouldn't it have the gaps filled in as it's meant to fit the 2008?

hey Micheal,

I guess the headunits you found on ebay will fit the dash without leaving any gaps. If you install a standard double DIN headunit (like I did in my Camry), you might need those brackets to fill the gaps.

See here:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/37370-2003-camry-altise-aftermarket-head-unit-install/#entry520726

Not sure though this is the same in your Corolla.

• 4 weeks later...

hey michael,

have you changed your headunit yet? if yes, how long did it take? Where did you start removing first. I'm gonna change mine on 08 Levin ZR. Need some advice as where to begin.

I bought Erisin 1028 for my car.

Anyone help.