what to do on gen4 2000 camry suspension upgrade?

TiiCee

Anyone here manged to mod the rails or get a custom engineered rail to give you more legroom ? Say about 5cm more ? I have the MCV20R Azura which ideally could do with this mod.

I will also look into a new stock ride height coilover in the near future for this car cos the Azura is way too soft imo - Recommendations for something firmer similar to say a ACV36 Sportivo ?

Edited by ZZT86

• 2 weeks later...

For my 1998 Camry, I fitted Boge shock absorbers which came with a lifetime warranty from Fulcrum Suspension and heavy duty standard height King Springs.

Good firm ride but still comfortable. A few months later, I also fitted a front strut brace from Ultra Racing. Absolutely loved being able to go through suburban corners and roundabouts with very little body roll.

Since then, Boge has been taken over/owned by Sachs another German manufacturer. Fulcrum Suspension charge a bit more but offer a lifetime warranty. I am guessing that they play the numbers game of increased sales revenue to offset any claims assuming the original owner still has the vehicle >3 years.

• Like 1

Thanks Campo / Ash ;)

Great info, just the sort of feedback I was after :) it's nice to get other peoples views based on experience.

I've had a bit of a look around & Sachs is one of them brands I've written down, even got part numbers @ the ready. I definitely don't want to lower the car so those springs are also worth looking into. Another brand I penciled in is Lovells which seem to make a complete package but I need to confirm this. I'm inclined to go the exact same spec you went with at this stage - good firm ride & comfy is what I'm after & those brands are trustworthy.

Cheers :)