parcel shelf vibrations. fix ?

xCalibur_

Endless amounts of blutac! (or equivalent :D)

Just fill the voids so it sticks to the parcel shelf and body to absorb any vibration, and in between the clips that hold the shelf down.

I did this in my Gen5 and it worked surprisingly well.

Ima gonna attempt real low-tec here and get a thick(ish) towel under there, obviously not blocking the parcel speakers. See how that goes, I should be able to give it a go this weekend.

blue tac you say, seems like it'll work, just gotta figure out where to put it

also, gotta get endless amounts as you said :P

Just one thing to consider; blu tac don't like heat. Hot car + Blu Tac = blu dribbly mess that's gonna suck when you see it.....

Prolly fine in winter, but come summer it may be a whole different story.

Edited by Beep Beep
  • Like 1

Never had this problem initially but recently started becoming really bad especially certain songs. The rattle was properly irritating. Since i'm an engineer, naturally i couldn't stop till i found a solution and i found one for me. No guarantee of it working for others but for me, it got rid of the rattle 100%.

How i stopped the rattle?

Asked my younger sister for a reasonably sized (about 20-30cm) stuffed toy she didn't really want and wedged it in between the back glass and parcel shelf.

Now all i hear is pure bass and 0 rattle.

Music bliss :clap:

Edited by mmm_sx6

Never had this problem initially but recently started becoming really bad especially certain songs. The rattle was properly irritating. Since i'm an engineer, naturally i couldn't stop till i found a solution and i found one for me. No guarantee of it working for others but for me, it got rid of the rattle 100%.

Asked my younger sister for a reasonably sized (about 20-30cm) stuffed toy she didn't really want and wedged it in between the back glass and parcel shelf.

this made me laugh of first read :D

but it would generally work, however, dont want a toy in my rear view :\

this made me laugh of first read :D

but it would generally work, however, dont want a toy in my rear view :\

LOL. Imagine that. full on bass, awesome tunes in a fully race modded Aurion, with a hello kitty or pokemon stuffed toy lookin out back towards rear traffic. LOL. Too funny! At least you'd stand out in a crowd (maybe not in a good way tho').

LOL @ that stuffed toy fix!

I was always wondering why I had a parcel shelf rattle, since I carpeted my parcel shelf it sits in tight and shouldn't have any rattle. Just before I played around and found out why. Thank god it was the worlds easiest fix:

Check this out haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymOp3i4YR_g&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Old Thread i know,

Just installed some Alpine Type S speakers in the back of my Prodigy. I had crazy rattles in the back when anything with bass played (I dont have subs) just alpine type s in the front and rear.

So to fix this i removed the parcel shelf cover, unbolted the speakers and put packing foam under the speaker frame. I cut the foam to follow the shape of the original speakers (not the new ones) as the originals take up more space. Doing this filled in all the gaps that the original speakers use to fill.

I then taped the same foam around all of the clips on the parcel shelf cover (The big ones that lock it in at the back were the most effective). I didn't touch the pillar covers as i didn't want to stop an airbag coming out if needed.

Long story short it fixed the issue 100%, parcel shelf would rattle when standard 6 stacker head unit was turned up to 20.. now i can turn it up to 45 and still get no rattles.. the standard headunit is amazing once you get the settings right and put a GTA car kit on it btw.

pu-foam-packaging-6.jpg