2013 Camry Atara S - Black & White Theme

Kanmuri79

Hey All,

Just about the order a new Atara S, after considering Aurion etc. Basically convinced the Crystal Pearl colour will be a nice option,

though Diamond White is also available but is non-metallic. Probably also getting a moonroof extra and also an OEM rear lip which i was thinking of painting black. So, moonroof, standard black grills in front spoiler, black number plates and eventually black wheels... Anyone think the black lip would look out of place?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

:D

16e0l-camry-specifications-atara-s-737x2

Diamond White Pictured.

i personally fancy 2013 Aurion look in white finish. It looks agressive and just awesome.

news-2012-toyota-aurion2.jpg

8Q9GV.jpg

dIm3G.jpg

toyota-aurion-2013-2.jpg

2012-toyota-aurion.jpg

Edited by bathuu
  • Like 1

Yeah aem boot spoiler.

Bathu the 2012/13 style aurion sportivo is nice except for those plastic panels

at the fog lights and the whole ***** of the car has questionable looks imo.

That's actually called a wing lol. anyway for it i'd say go the same colour as the body.

For the lower lips, you coudl leave them grey or uppainted.

That's actually called a wing lol. anyway for it i'd say go the same colour as the body.

For the lower lips, you coudl leave them grey or uppainted.

Yeah im not what you would call a revhead, as verified by a camry purchase...

but they call it a lip on the toyota website, so ill go with that for now http://www.toyota.com.au/camry/accessories#item-camry_accessories-tab-1-rear_spoiler_lip

i was thinking this sorta style...

4867917008_1e7f2a76e0_b.jpg

L/H rear door colour is different to the rest of the car.

I dont see anything youre on about... i see shadows thats it... either way... fair bit off topic.

I don't know if the dual color would work with the high wing, if you get the type shown in your pic i recon carbon fibre would suit very much.

• Like 1

Wouldnt a carbon fibre look still make it dual colour... i was figuring that there are a few black accents so why not black wing too? id like to smoke the rear lights too eventually.

Imo a wing type spoiler on a camry is semi-wrong. It's camry which is family car not a racer. If you get the type that sits flush on the trunk you won't get that much of a race look but will set you aside from the normal Camrys. If you want to be more different have it carbon fibred (or met black) don't go for gloss black.

Hi There,

I actually own a Crystal pearl white 2012 ATARA SL, and i blacked themed it with 20" black wheels, black tints, black window visors, mudflaps, black bonnet protector and black roof.

TRUST ME!!! It'll be the best decision you'll ever make. I get stopped by people just to ask what kind of car it is. When i get home from work, I'll be posting some pics and you'll get to see what i am talking about.

• Like 1

Tommorrow I'll be taking more pics of the car with the carbon fiber roof and mudflaps, in regard to your question about the wheels; apparently as i got told by Toyota, that it would not effect my warranty. Having said that tho, anything that causes damage as a result of Wheels/Suspension change, would not be covered by warrantee...Which is very rare to happen!!

My next step is to lower the car, and Iam just waiting for King Springs to make some..

Lookin good even without the roof wrap. Too many questions now...

How much u pay for roof wrap. do it yourself or prvt?

Source tinted bonnet protector from ebay or where?

Have to make guard adjustments to fit 20s? How ruff did the ride

become afterwards.

Can ya post atleast one non photoshopped pic?

Cheers.

Toyota parts are cheap so even if they void it voids the warranty shouldn't we an issue. That said is power steering system part of the wheels assembly?

The more concerning thing is insurance. if its illegal with the RTA most if not all insurer will not inure your car.

img0696hx.jpg

This is another old non photoshoped pic as requested by Camry Monogamy, tonight i'll be uploading the most recent ones.

Roof wrap was done by a pro fitter in the wrap industry, all accessories are Toyota genuine parts and were bought from my Toyota dealer.

There was no adjustments made to fit the 20's on and to be honest there is a slight difference in driving, that's about it.

I made an inquiry regarding the power steering system and they reckon wheels shouldn't effect it, they even mentioned that; they hardly ever replace them, even on old Toyota models.

Regarding the wheels issue, I've insured it with GIO platinum insurance and mentioned that i have aftermarket wheels. So i presume, it should be covered.

Cheers Guys,

Ali

• Like 1

If there happens to be an issue with anything wheels related, anything at all you are at risk of being denied warranty repairs. If it's deem illegal with the RTA they can use that against you and you have no grounds to stand on. Same with insurance.

Check the whels upgrade guidlines on the net. There are strick rules to comply with.

Last i read you are allowed a certain mm (wheel wdith) over the standard OEM wheel. Some car have muiltple wheel fitments BUT the only fitment that matters are the one noted on the placard.

Eg. Lexus Is250 have 16,17 and 18 wheels with max 8.5 inch wdith on offer. The placard on the Lexus is250 (or atleast on the Prestige which comes with 16 inch) states all of these fitments, so you can go to 9.5 inch width MAX.

What is stated on the placard of your car?

I like the look of the Ataras above, except for the two vertical bits that are located on the lower grille below the number plate.

I think the car would look better if these were further apart, say where the outside of the foglights begin.

• Like 1