2013 Camry Atara S - Black & White Theme

Kanmuri79

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Harlo... I agree they can look a bit plain when i see em around. Still wanting to get a member ride thread happening (which this should have been)... but wanna take some nice photos with a good camera to properly show her off... also maybe paint calipers white? waiting on proper jdm dual horn.

... and so it continues.

Hmm...I think white calipers would get dirty pretty quick? I painted mine black and they always look clean, I thought the dirt just washed off. I was curious the other day and actually shone a light onto them and there was dirt and dust all over them lol, the black just masked it.

If you could keep them clean, I think white ones would look great with a black Toyota vinyl sticker across them too.

Edited by Harlo

Hmm...I think white calipers would get dirty pretty quick? I painted mine black and they always look clean, I thought the dirt just washed off. I was curious the other day and actually shone a light onto them and there was dirt and dust all over them lol, the black just masked it.

If you could keep them clean, I think white ones would look great with a black Toyota vinyl sticker across them too.

Yeah keep it clean would definitely be the challenge... and yes i was thinking a of toyota decal in black on them the other night too hehe... You know any sites good for those sorta stickers?

I purchased my Lexus caliper decals from here: http://www.motogfx.com/

They had the decal on their computer already and I didn't have to send measurements or anything. They were highly recommended as well and the decals are holding up well. Try and see what a local store can do first if they don't have the template for the new camry.

Edited by Harlo

Still wanting to get a member ride thread happening

I wouldn't mind seeing a thread with a meetup of new Camry owners! You should organise an event.

• Like 1

Where did you get the horns from? Cost?

I was looking at Stebel horns a while back and was thinking of getting a nice, loud one for my Aurion for those times when you need to give someone a nice blast.

Where did you get the horns from? Cost?

I was looking at Stebel horns a while back and was thinking of getting a nice, loud one for my Aurion for those times when you need to give someone a nice blast.

Hey J,

I got em for about $150 delivered. The first link is to just camry premium horns on ebay and the second is for specific to my camry. However they all look the same and im unsure whether or not the horns that have prado, land cruiser etc next to them fit exactly the same or whether the specs are different at all.

I looked at Steibel for a second but i wanted something to fit my factory connection to avoid wiring and other complications.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=toyota+premium+horn&LH_PrefLoc=2&_arm=1&_armm=63&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dtoyota%2Bpremium%2Bhorn%26_arr%3D1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-PREMIUM-HORN-2007-2008-2009-2010-2010-2011-2012-2013-RAV4-CAMRY-SIENNA-/350911143863?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b3ef1fb7&_uhb=1

The wiring was not that hard :)

I thought ya got ya mate to do it Johnny! Hehe... Today my old boss was around and he reckons it should be earthed and should received enough voltage by just bolting the second horn and that it shouldnt require wiring... sounds suspect but i get what he means as the chassis should carry the electricity.

Horns so loud... It scares me to stand in front of the car and have them go off... seriously.

Shout out for Tony from Qwikfix Automotive (based in Keilor) for installing the horn for free. I think i just found my new service mechanic.

Honest/Cheap Mechanic - So rare.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/tullamarine/qwikfix-automotive-14208642-listing.html?referredBy=www.yellowpages.com.au&context=businessTypeSearch

Hey Man! Loving the colour scheme! I'm looking at making minor changes to my camry as well. Your post has really provided a valuable insight.

Keep it up. Thinking about getting 20's for mine just thinking about which style.

Also for 50.UNIQ I seen you on the road man! Pretty slick ride. I'm keen to know how you go with the coilovers, that's something on my list.

This model seems to have a very limited range of aftermarket products which is sad, but hope to see more come out soon.

• Like 1

Cheers Rainz... I saw ya SL on here a lil while back. I love the reflex blue colour you chose... And id personally love to see a white set of wheels on that blue.

There is definitely a limited range of aftermarket items available but itll grow over time i expect. Ive seen about few different coilovers available for our camry including DGR, KSport & BC Racing.

Ive also added the ultra racing strut tower brace and rear sway bar and k&n short ram intake.

• Like 1

Man you've gone hard out on the mods! Well done!

Just wanted to know your thoughts on these coilovers that I've seen!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BC-Racing-BR-Series-Coilovers-2012-2013-Toyota-Camry-Non-SE-XV50-C-90-/321235252549?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACamry%7CYear%3A2013&hash=item4acb1cf545&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

Is XV50 the one I should be looking at? Also the american SE Model is the equivalent of our SX Model Right? because they have sports suspension.
That's why I selected the non-SE Model

Man you've gone hard out on the mods! Well done!

Just wanted to know your thoughts on these coilovers that I've seen!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BC-Racing-BR-Series-Coilovers-2012-2013-Toyota-Camry-Non-SE-XV50-C-90-/321235252549?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACamry%7CYear%3A2013&hash=item4acb1cf545&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

Is XV50 the one I should be looking at? Also the american SE Model is the equivalent of our SX Model Right? because they have sports suspension.

That's why I selected the non-SE Model

I got the Ultra Racing sway bar and strut tower for XV50 as far as fitting the SL im not sure... but i would imagine that the physical design (size wise) of the Atara S, SL, SX to be the same.

Everywhere ive seen BC Racing have a good name, maybe not as good as Tein or H&R... obviously if you wait longer you'll have a bigger choice of coilovers... and i don't love that the shipping isnt specified for them... that can often mean expensive... shipping my wheels from california cost me around $300ish.

Completely agree with shipping, I have made an enquiry to the guy in Florida but no response. I called up a place in VIC today quoting me $1549 for the TIEN Coilover kit and that was for a Hybrid Model and he could not guarantee that it would work on my model.

Called another place in Sydney and they quoted me $1199 for the RA Series Coilover Kit (BR Racing) but that was for XV50 so still unsure.
Still doing some research and finding places. If you have any links or phone numbers that could help heaps. :)

Good to see no rushin into stuff for ya. Unsure of coilovers but there could be somethin in this thread in regards to coilovers - plus there's lots of other stuff that good for ideas etc.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/396824-what-did-you-do-your-gen-7-camry-today.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nicely dipped man..

you have a pic from a distance ? so fah i like it

Cheerz Rebz... But yeah i was stuffed when takin the pics so haven't got any good ones - just these hehe... all i see is blackness.

20131207_144851.jpg

20131207_151449.jpg