Looking at Camry/Aurion specific head units

nzzr6

What about reverse camera do u have this installed? If yes does it have the marks on the screen to indicate how close things are? Thanks.

I have the same Erisin unit and am using it with the factory camera. Yes it has a setting to impose the parking marks (yellow and red lines) on top of the reverse camera image to help see how close things are.

Good to know! Thanks! :). Still waiting for my reverse camera to arrive from overseas, so even more eager for it to arrive now, lol.

Still waiting for my reverse camera to arrive from overseas, so even more eager for it to arrive now, lol.

Just note that the grid setting is in additional reverse camera settings that are only accessible when you have the camera on i.e. when you are in reverse gear. With the image on the screen, touch/tap on the screen and you get two little icons on the top left.

• Like 1

A few pics

Radio The station button names automatically update once you set the station

B1tFp0D.jpg

App store via wifi

lWCi6cA.jpg

GPS (Syric)

EJFiCbJ.jpg

Installation Looks like a lot of work but was easy to do

oPonNus.jpg

I've purchased the GA5164 and a0110 reverse camera from Enonon Ebay site. received it last week and installed over the weekend. Very impressed with the unit. Slow cold boot but otherwise fast in all screens. i'll do a full review bit later. Installed the camera was probably the hardest part

Hi Brand

We haven't heard from you yet, still working on that review?

I just want to know how the unit holds up after a few months, I know you've only had it for a 2 weeks.

How has it been?

Cheers

The Enonon unit has been great. Not sure when i'll get a chance take pics and if i do they wont be as nice as like Full-Throttle's. but ask any questions and i'll answer

Packaging and shipping.

delivered within 5 days of placing order (including weekend) Delivery was via Toll and needed signing. Big box, lots of padding and everything was in it. Camera cam separate via HK/CN post about 2 days later.

Installation:

Everything held in place by clips (that dont break when you pull them) 4 bolts hold the radio and AC controls, 6 screws hold the radio and AC controls together. I would leave half a day to do the install your self if you have never opened the dash. I can not probably do it in 1hr easy.

Camera install was a lot more work. i didnt want to drill new hols for the camera so "expanded" an existing hole so i can slide the cable through (sprayed rust prevention around expanded hole too). two holes were made in the plastic trim above rear licence plate to hold camera. running wires was easy just follow the trim.

GPS antenne was glued with double sided take next to rear view mirror

Unit

boot up from cold start was 30 seconds. during this time if you put the gear into reverse the rear camera will come on instantly (ie you dont have to wait for the unit to boot to use rear camera) big plus to me (probably standard on all units)

GPS was very fast im using Sygric but going to try iGO

Audio is great, no difference to the stock (i was happy with stock) you have equliser and fade/balance controls)

steering controls work fine and can be mapped differently if you want. the radio app is very fast before i remove my finger from screen the next station is playing. reception is great as well auto detect finds stations i had no idea about. The is a "AMS" button that will retune the stations, dont use it. and i dont know how to disable it. basically it wil mess up your predefined stations.

BT was easy to setup and works within about 10 seconds after boot. using the built in mic i was told i sound a bit echoy but clear. radio cuts when you receive a call.

DVD works fine, i only used it to test though.

Wifi is very weak but i think that may be more to do with the shielding the car has as my phone got a better connection but not by much.maybe have to park with rear facing house and doors open? dunno.

Touch screen is very accurate and swiping is fast an no lag.

Full access to Google play installed google voice and trying to get it to work with apps instead of using the on screen keyboard. it works via data but want to save offline voice files. may need to root it. theres a huge disscussion on XDA foums regarding this and similar units (1300 pages last time i checked)

you can customerise the startup logo, but there is no LED customisation just white which dims when the headlights turn on.

Rear camera is very detailed, has no IR leds but looks great at night. has parking lines as well but the measurements are fixed so are not accurate. (1m on mine is actually 0.5m) this is probably due tot he angle i installed my camera. There are no reversing "beeps" to warn you if you are too close.

Anything i missed just ask. Being winter i only see the car when its dark during weekdays, will try to get some pics on the weekend.

Wow Brand, thanks a lot for your great and detailed reviews! Good job! :toast:
We are so pleased to hear that you GA5164 works great! And you have helped other guys know Eonon GA5164 Android Car DVD better.
Thanks a lot!

A few pics

Radio The station button names automatically update once you set the station

B1tFp0D.jpg

App store via wifi

lWCi6cA.jpg

GPS (Syric)

EJFiCbJ.jpg

Installation Looks like a lot of work but was easy to do

oPonNus.jpg

Hi Brand, thanks again for your sharing! It’s a work of art! :clap: Your awesome pics is one of the best I’ve even seen! So detailed and useful! Many thanks for sharing with us!

Bro is the screen bright enough in your opinion?

The screen is very bright, you can read the screen in full sun light. The pics above were taken during the day, the screen is reflective but not "hi gloss" . At night the screen does not dim enough for me, so i have installed a app that dims the screen based on the time of day.

• 3 months later...

On Friday I upgraded headunits from the Erisin ES7668AU (WinCE OS) to the Eonon GA5164F (Android KitKat OS). At almost half the price of the Eonon unit, the Erisin was great value for money, but the age old saying of "you get what you paid for" definitely rung true this time. The Eonon has a much more powerful processor and doesn't seem to have random freezes and hiccups like the Erisin did, plus being Android based it essentially future-proofs itself by being able to use the Google Play Store to download the latest apps etc with the built in WiFi. When I initially bought the Erisin unit 4-months ago I didn't think that an Android based headunit would be necessary for me since I use my smartphone for apps, games, messaging etc, but I'll gladly eat my own hat on this occasion and say that I wish it had have been my first choice :closedeyes:

Sadly, Customs stung me with fees when it arrived in NZ, which made this unit even more expensive than normal, but after using it for only a few days so far I can confidently say that it's worth every cent. My only real complaint is the time it takes to boot up after the ignition has been off for a few minutes. The Erisin used to boot up almost instantly, with only about a 3-5 second boot logo time, whereas the Erisin seems to take around 20-seconds to boot up. Admittedly, you can still use your reversing camera during the first 5-seconds of booting, but you can't play music or use video inputs (such as my front camera) until the unit has finished booting up, which is somewhat annoying.

Apart from that, the WiFi works well, the screen is super responsive (it's just like using a phone), Bluetooth works well and music quality sounds great. All in all, I got what I paid for and it's a definite upgrade from the Erisin. If you're someone who just wants to use the stereo for music and phone calls then definitely consider the Erisin as for the price it's not bad, but if you're someone like me who likes to keep up with the play and have the ability to customize things in as many ways as possible then there's no looking past the Eonon in my opinion.

IMG_1970-1-resized.jpg

IMG_1968-1-resized.jpg

IMG_1941-resized.jpg

IMG_1942-resized.jpg

IMG_1944-resized.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Could i get a link to buy one..

A few q's

Does satnav update its self?

Do all the components wirk without modifying looms etc.. ie : usb/aux

Any issues from past buyers wud be great to know about

Thanks

Edited by blakzr6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone tried the Android based Tesla style headunits? Such as this one: 

https://www.espony-cargo.com/104tesla-style-vertical-hd-screen-android-60-car-gps-intelligent-navigation-for-toyota-camry-2007-2011.html

Especially curious as to how it would work with the manual AC controls in the SX6/3500S/ATX

• Like 1