I'm just after some suggestions here. I'm set on my choice of wheel:

Rays Gram Lights 57Xtreme SP Spec

16" x 6.5"

4 x 100

40 offset

Matt graphite

http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?d=145

http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/img/57xtreme-sp.jpg

My quote from Import Monster for a set of these wheels was $1596 + $50 postage to NSW.

Total of $1646

I'm just wondering if anybody knew of a place (online/physical store) that also has the ability to get a set of these wheels? (I highly doubt any store in Australia has a set ready to ship).

I am going to visit Garage 88 (Easter Creek) to get an idea of what they can do, but if any other suggestions come along the way, I'll also take them on board and do some asking around.

Sounds about right, even through Jesse Streeter it will be around the $1600 mark with a 6 week wait..

Find your best price then definitely go to Garage 88 for a quote.. RAYS are a pain in the ***** to deal with I hear.

There's plenty on eBay in 18" and 19" but to find a 16" here, let alone in stock will be almost impossible.

The folk at Garage 88 are quite good to me and I have dealt with them in the past. Just doing some shopping around, but I think if I mention a cheaper price, they may pull some strings for me (hopefully). That's if I can find a cheaper price elsewhere.

Rays are a pain to deal with? Oh really? I never knew that - how come?

I visited Garage 88 and spoke to my parents there - the best they can do is $1880 landed via air freight. It is more expensive because they only ship items via air freight since they prefer to get their parts quickly and be passed on to the customer/installed ASAP. A fair reason in my opinion but since I'm not in a rush to get the wheels, I think I might do some more window shopping.

I also did a dummy quote on perfectrun.jp and came up with this quote:

perfectrun_zps9dab3c77.jpg

I also did a dummy basket checkout earlier today (but didn't screenshot it) and it came up cheaper ($1585.38) so I'm guessing the price on this website fluctuates each day.

I've used Perfect Run before, pretty happy with their service.. G88 were telling me about Rays and difficulties they've had before, changing styles, no contact etc

What about the 57V ? They would look pretty tough on a Echo... But 15" only I think

Fair enough - I might go visit Perfect Run's store as they are in Homebush West (which is about 5 minutes away from uni).

I (personal opinion) feel the 57V is more suited to the vintage/heritage type of cars. Still a nice wheel no doubt, but I will say it's not my cup of tea.

Just a suggestion ;) not sure what your car looks like or the look your aiming for, just trying to get a picture in my head. Still liking your original choice

edit: is yours the gold one with stripped interior?

Oh definitely - I'm keen to get rid of my current wheels as they are now on quite a few cars that I see from day to day.

It used to be a nice rim, but I'm no longer a fan of it since everyone else has jumped on the bandwagon. So I'm looking at something a little more unique.

I'll need to start saving up as the wheels and tyres will be done in one hit (rather than get the wheels and have the sitting around collecting dust). Plus I'm not really in a rush to get them done ASAP. The goal is to have the new wheels on by the end of 2013 though.

Edited by WSE91

Fantastic - another place where I can get a quote from.

I've send them a facebook message and hopefully they will reply.

I think I've come across Auto Technik before but their website took forever to load and I gave up and closed the window a while ago. Their website is still being developed from what I can tell since visiting it today.

Sigh - back to the drawing board.

I've decided that after careful consideration, the offset is not aggressive enough for the goal that I'm trying to achieve.

It's a shame there isn't a more aggressive offset version...

Guess I won't be going for the 57Xtreme after all.