Will newest 2012 aurion alternator be compatible with 07 aurion?

As topic says, I need new alternator and found one from wrecking yard. Car is the newest looking version aurion zr6 2012.

Car got into an accident and was a write off at only 4000km. Guy's selling alternator much cheaper than what toyota parts want ($1000 ouch!)

So would that alternator be compatible with my 07?

I think they might actually be a bit different. For me, the 05 Camry, which runs the same 2AZ-FE as my 07 Camry has a different alternator and won't fit on my Camry. Mine gave up a few months ago, dealer only replaced the diodes when I returned it 1 year ago and refused to replace the whole unit.

Toyota quoted me the same for the alternator, $1000. In the end I got mine replaced with NRMA for $250 more than wreckers/eBay but I got the 2 years warranty out of it.

But check eBay, Gumtree and a few other wreckers they might have one for you for cheap - it's an easy replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

RACV do stuff like that. My brother had the alternator replaced in his falcon by them not too long ago, give 'em a call I guess? Decent price for the alternator and the install too.

Just letting you know, I called RACV and they don't do Aurions apparently.

Bummer...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an 2008 Camry SE V6/Loaded from the USA and you can used the Toyota Avalon 2005-2011, Rav4 2007-2011, Lexus ES 350 or Rx350, Highlander, Venza, All the car use the same alternator. The camry comes with 100 amp stock and these have 130 amps here so any engine with 2GR-FE will fit. I bought a used 130 amp alternator $70 us dollars and my buddy works for https://www.dcpowerinc.com/ and rebuilt it for me $100 to 180 amp, since i have 1400 rms system in my car, I also bought xs power D2400 battery http://4xspower.com/shop/d-series/d2400/ off amazon for $283 free shipping and no tax with 3 yr warranty free. If you don't want to get high output alternator the 130amp will make more than enough power and amps for our cars. Toyota here sell new for $250 i have a friend that works for them so i can get employee discount on that as well.