98 Camry Intermittent staring problem

Ignite69

No problem.. It is a simple job so you shouldn't have any issue.. Just tell them that you want a 4C chip coded into the car, not a TPX1 chip :)

Are the locals likely to know how to program the new clone key?

I've read about how to do it - some weird dance on the brake & accel pedals, but I doubt I'd have the coordination to do it :wacko:

Forgot to say, the clone has a philips head screw in it, so it may come apart. I guess that means instead of buying a new clone, they can just put a new chip in it.

I guess the Master is less likely to fail, but probably best to have a backup just in case.

cheers for all the great advice mate.

They should know how to do it.. It's really not a hard car. but it can cause issues when the cars get old and aren't working 100%.

The chicken dance to put it in programming isn't that bad, if you like I can post it and you can see how you go, then you only have to worry about getting a chip.

If you unscrew it does the chip look like this?

TP33.jpg

Thanks mate. I think our daugher can do the chicken dance if it comes to the crunch. The lcoal locksmith who re-did the boot lock seems pretty capable....though I did notice today his shop has been replaced by a boutique beer outlet....so I'll have to find him again.