Bluetooth issue - "Not supported" Player works, Phone does not

mediaspacetj

Hi gang,

Just had a look thru the forum for previous issues with bluetooth and can't see my particular problem addressed before so here goes:

Aurion 2011 Touring - had it 18 months and love it!

Factory radio

It bluetooths my Samsung Galaxy S3 perfectly, calls and audio (mp3/tune in radio etc etc)

It bluetooths my wife's new Samsung Galaxy Ace BUT will only do the audio. When we try to use it as a phone a message comes up "Not supported" on the car.

Interestingly, when pairing, the car gives the pass code (0000) for the phone but the phone doesn't show that it needs the passcode to be input into it.

I've deleted the phone off the car and the car off the phone a couple of times and re done it following the instructions from scratch but no joy.

Any ideas? My wife drives the Aurion more than I do - and I don't want to swap phones, I have too much stuff on it.

Thanks for any help

I reckon this issue has been here before

I had my Galaxy S4 do the same with my factory unit in my 2010 ZR6.

Can't remember outcome think it was a software thing.

So rip it out and put a real stereo in it!

Or call your toyota dealer.

Thanks Bangtown, I did see that post earlier. At the time I was thinking "Not COMPATIBLE" and "Not SUPPORTED" was two different things. ie. Not compatible meant "don't even think about trying" and not supported meant "It recognises it, but you need a fix of some description".

It's just about due for the 30k service. I'll mention it to the service dudes when it goes in. If I get a fix, I'll post it here and on that thread you suggested.

Thanks again

Just recieved the nightmare phone Samsung Galaxy S4 today Toyota couldn't fix it ..So I went hunting 3 hrs later solved it for the SX6 2009 Aurion and 2012 Hiace

Step 1 disable S voice in application folder

Step 2 Install Soundabout app free from the Play store remember to switch and restart your phone after install

Step 3 pair up your Bluetooth I found in the Aurion she worked first go as a phone install yet the 2012 Hiace Ihad to install the pairing as a phone /Audio by turning the radio and selecting this function

Both vehicles would pair up but no sound through the speakers Bluetooth

Edited by Wetpatch480