Creaking Parcel Shelf

074dean

Hi, Has anyone ever had a creaking Parcel Shelf that sounds like a "gieger counter".

I told my Toyota Service dealer and they have been great trying to fix the problem twice, gave me a courtesy car for the day, and tried to fix the problem out of warranty and at Toyota's expense, which shows they take issues seriously.

However it is a HIT AND MISS problem that seems to come and go, last time i stopped it was by putting a small dowel stick in the boot under the parcel sheft 45' degree angled towards the drivers side parcelf shelf corner.

The video files would have been to big to upload so i created a mp3, of the noise, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dean

Toyota Aurion Touring 2010 - Creaking parcel shelf.mp3

Edited by 074dean

Interesting. Never heard anyone complain about parcel shelf rattle which was THAT bad. Mine would rattle but only because of the sub and would be creaking noises but not something constant like that.

Only way I fixed it was to carpet it. If you look at 'My Ride' thread in my sig. and go through it you'll see how I've done that.

If you own a newer aurion which I'm sure already has carpeted parcel shelves well I guess that won't matter to you.

Besides that if you have a quick fix for it you might as well keep it for now until you can figure out a better solution somehow.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help on this one mate, yeah it is carpeted, so far the noise has not come back and the dowel stick has been removed so best not to touch it.

You have a impressive car there man.

Dean

• 1 year later...