JDM Taillight mod to ZZE123 Facelift Corolla

Hey guys,

I have done some research and I have found alot of info on pre-facelift and facelift installs but noting ground and clear on modifiying it to work as both brake & tail/parker lights.

Because these mods have been done a long time ago, most of the build thread photos are all corrupt showing little info/diagrams.

It really does look simple but I wish for as little R&D seeing as many people have already mastered the JDM mod for facelift corollas.

Anyone help me in the right direction?

Many thanks :D

Edited by enildeR

I've looked at a few on my phone and the photos did not load, presuming the hosted images where removed.

I can't see a link to the JDM Taillight mod in your signature hehe

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/16216-diy-jdm-style-tail-lights/page-2

wasnt hard to find, try workshop section very helpful.

as long as you tap into the existing bulb it should work the same way?

It doesnt specify whether it is for both brake light + taillight/parker. I think that is for just brake light.

I'm looking for a solution where they both light up when parkers are turned on and both light up when brakes have been applied.

Shouldn't be too hard but following instructions would make life easy :)

like i said if you tap into the original set wires for the original they act the same as the original bulb. ie brake lights and parkers. i worked for mine, minus the facelift housing because mines pre facelift

U see on the left the grounding conductor goes all the way around the housing and there is only one other conductor there? That's why only the brake (or parker if u are noob :p) goes on. U have to connect the wire from the parker on the stock bulb conductor to the extra bulb itself as tiet done above. There isn't any other way I'm afraid. I've done it too (also seen above) but a bit more neater than tiet :P

I'm no electrician haha, anyone be able to use paint to edit my photo and show me where the wire should be?

Cruising with my mates tonight wasn't fun as they kept thinking I was on the brakes haha -_-