Who knows these Rays wheels?

Kanmuri79

They're Rays Volk Touring Evolution Fortesst.. Look like they've been sand blasted.. Normally whiteish with a blue ring (decal) around the centre

attachicon.gifmikimiya32-img600x450-1380044369fjqjjf28985.jpg

Hey thanks man. Reckon theyre worth grabbin? id have to get em blasted and coat them or get em coated. I can get em for $200.

Yeah my car isnt lowered but im tempted to grab these and just get them repaired and coated. They've also got 3/4 tyres on them that are still good.

Wonder what it'd cost me for repair and coat? Any ideas? I've heard some people talk about coating wheels costing like 50 a wheel and other saying much more expensive.

Yep it all depends, just shop around wheel repairers,powder coaters, panel beaters etc

They're all different and of course they'll need to see them first,hard to give you a price sorry but a DIY is also an option, rub them back and prep for paint/powder coat and will save you money..

Plenty of threads and clips on wheel repair and prep around

Baby steps... Just fully cleaned and i buffed the edge with a paint remover disc and a drill. Probably use filler next.

Ended up gettin the set for $150 and the tyres are pretty good nick too.

Anyone know whats up with runnin staggered tyres on wheels that are all the same? Tried googlin but not alotta luck.

POST_CLEAN_BUFF.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Juvi,

I painted the first last week or so... Didnt come out as smooth as i would have liked, even thought after priming then sanding it felt and looked smooth.

Id like to see what the 8.5 width would look like on my camry but chances are im just gonna paint em up and move em on.

Time constraints and space in my garage are issues too.

I had this pic up on the thread before the site lost all that data recently. Just primed.

20131123_160315.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

R they all done richly rich!?

Keen to see them finished

Okay okay.... so heres the thing... apparently im not the greatest with a spray can... ive done one in the silver paint and the paint came out heavier in a couple of spots. So im unsure, I thought of paintin gloss black or white to try to hide the imperfections. Then I thought fck it - should I just plastidip em - im kindin thinkin that might be a tad sacrilegious when it comes to volk wheels?

Todays work is left still undecided... Maybe the Mrs. might wanna put these on her car now rather than using my factory Atara wheels.

If not, what colour should i go with people??? let me know? Also do bother gettin stickers? The original stickers aren't available but yea? or nay?

20140111_152048.jpg

20140111_152222.jpg\

20140111_152211.jpg

20140111_152150.jpg

nengun-3298-05-raysengineering-replacemenengun-3298-04-raysengineering-replaceme