Check VSC + Error code P2716

govinamo

Hi All. I was driving along today when i noticed the lights within my console and footwell lighting was flickering. So I stopped the car to check. When I revved a little harder, it started flickering faster and more obviously, then when I gave it some more gas it cut the power and all the lights of the car failed and also my head unit. My engine was still running at this point. My speedo display said "Check VSC" and a bunch of lights including the check engine light came up. The car turns off and starts like usual but the check engine light stays. I have a Scangauge 2 and it showed me and error code "P2716". Does anyone have any input or knowledge on this issue? :help::help:

Thanks in advance!

Hi i am not an expert but i recall reading some where that the "Check VSC" had something to do with the battery so start off by getting your battery checked hope this helps.

The "check vsc" warning is used as a universal warning and can be caused by a number of things. Just had a quick google and it seems your p2716 error code relates to the shift control solenoid behind the transmission oil pan on your gearbox.

If you feel confident enough perhaps have a look around there (might just be a loose wire or something simple). Aside from that, find a good mechanic. Good luck.

The "check vsc" warning is used as a universal warning and can be caused by a number of things. Just had a quick google and it seems your p2716 error code relates to the shift control solenoid behind the transmission oil pan on your gearbox.

If you feel confident enough perhaps have a look around there (might just be a loose wire or something simple). Aside from that, find a good mechanic. Good luck.

If the fault is indeed the shift control solenoid, it won't be just a simple task to investigate. You will have to drop the transmission oil pan:

di-6138891750314.jpg

di-3138892631716.jpg

Edited by Tard