aircon problem

badco

I have a 2007 kluger kxr and having aircon problem. Warm air blowing from passenger side vents. Had it re gassed by toyota dealer and dye put in to determine where leak coming from. Cool air lasted for a month or so but now blowing warm again.

No signs of where leak coming from but dealer indicates that to fix the problem may require the whole interior dashboard to be removed which is going to be very expensive.

Interested to hear whether this is a common issue with a Kluger?

If they put die in it it shouldn't take too long to find out where from, a quick look in the engine bay will eliminate that and as for under the dash if it is coming out there, there isn't too much to remove to find it.

If it's not the gas it could be the compressor not turning on?

Are you in Darwin? I used to take my car to Chin's Air conditioning in Coconut Grove ( It was across the road from my work so very convenient :) ) Never had any issues with him.

Thanks Brendan

Am in Darwin will follow up with Chins.

Also got second opinion from another air con place he had a good look over it couldn't spot a leak from the dye - compressor working ok.

• 10 months later...

• 1 month later...

Ian B how did you go with the air on fault?

My KXR had same issue in Mar 2013, they ended up replacing blower almost $700... Well you wouldn't believe it but it's just gone again... I called them today and it outside the 12mth warranty on their parts... BUT of course when I queried the quality of workmanship and quality of parts if I have to shell out $700 every 18mths or so for car aircon... They want to investigate first! After investigation apparently they will determinbif it's their fault or mine and who will pay??? How effing convenient for Toyota!!!

• 2 years later...

Had the same problem in my '08 KX-R. My mechanic couldn't find a leak anywhere & put it down to it coming from where the line comes out of the compressor. He put a sealant in the line when & re-gassed it & seems to have fixed it. No problem for over 18 months.