2013 Atara SX progress

hiwtf

Alright, i'm far from a wheel expert soooo... is it the wheel width or the offset that causes the rubbing?

I wanna get wider wheels, whats the limits you reckon i could go with havin to roll fenders?

Offset is what mainly causes the rubbing but the width of your wheels also come into consideration. The lower the offset, the closer it is to the fender or, in my case, sticks out of the fender. If you don't want your wheels to stick out like that but want a low offset, Your best bet is to get smaller wheels.
In your case, you'd probably want a higher offset since you want wider wheels.
The higher the offset, the closer it is to your suspension/brake pads

Not sure if i explained it properly...

• Like 1

Hey Rich,

I got it rolled by Gavin from Tullamarine. He's mobile so he can come to you. It's $150 for a pair. He's been doing it for 8 years and does an absolutely excellent job. He says he likes to treat every car like his own and i gotta say he treated mine with extreme care.
He can be contacted on 0438 892 344

I got new photos to make up for the previous one haha
Don't mind the dint at the front, Wasn't my fault. Sadly i've had 3 accidents with this car already and all 3 weren't my fault -.-

10371604_10152153629152685_216859675035310268711_10152153629202685_1963514106758

• Like 2

Hey man, nice choice on wheels... in my point of view by looking at the side on pic i think you can go lower, but the cars really starting to take shape

wish i had enough money for bags and wheels to put on my car :(

Thanks guys!
Yeah my car height raises abit cause of the wheels. I think by 2-3cm, haven't measured. I'm only planning to lower it by probably 2cm at the rear and 3 at the fronts BUT i need to find a camber kit first or get a custom top hat for the rear... Not sure what my options are atm.
I'm back on stockies because the rears are still rubbing here and there with the 19s.

What wheels are you after dini? I'd like to get bags but that's way out of my budget :\

Edited by hiwtf

Thanks guys!

Yeah my car height raises abit cause of the wheels. I think by 2-3cm, haven't measured. I'm only planning to lower it by probably 2cm at the rear and 3 at the fronts BUT i need to find a camber kit first or get a custom top hat for the rear... Not sure what my options are atm.

I'm back on stockies because the rears are still rubbing here and there with the 19s.

What wheels are you after dini? I'd like to get bags but that's way out of my budget :\

Oh yeah, didnt your coilovers come with pillow ball mounts that are camber adjustable?

I wanna' get Work meisters or Ssr Professors (Same thing) in 19x9.5+12 front and 19x10+18 rears! Yeah bags are on the list but their at the very bottom because still have other stuff to pay off for :(

Oh yeah and the guy with CCRUZN plates got new wheels... your car kind of reminded me about them!

10169242_769981423035319_164226115058974

Edited by MANIKE
  • Like 1

Yeah it did but only for the fronts. The rears i had to use OEM strut...
Oh nice. That would look pretty neat! Pretty aggressive specs

Ohhh those are nice. Where'd you find this pic? Those wheels are nice. Think i prefer his wheels over my TEs :closedeyes:

Do you know what wheels he's running on now?

Edited by hiwtf

Ohhh those are nice. Where'd you find this pic? Those wheels are nice. Think i prefer his wheels over my TEs :closedeyes:

Oh really, have you asked the suppliers if you could get pillowball mounts? if not theres no other way to adjust camber but to wait until someone make camber arms for camrys. Specs are pretty aggressive, going for a tight fitment look on the rear and almost maxed out camber for the front.

My friend is friends with him and showed me the pics and don't the wheels are actually reps of your te's (Varrstoen Es2 wheels)

Yeah i've contacted the place i got my coils from

Oh really, have you asked the suppliers if you could get pillowball mounts? if not theres no other way to adjust camber but to wait until someone make camber arms for camrys. Specs are pretty aggressive, going for a tight fitment look on the rear and almost maxed out camber for the front.

My friend is friends with him and showed me the pics and don't the wheels are actually reps of your te's (Varrstoen Es2 wheels)

Yeah i contacted them and they said BC don't make adjustable top hats for their coils so my best bet is to find a camber kit or find someone who can make a custom hat. The coils for our camry are the same as the coilovers for the previous model camry, so maybe if there's a camber kit for the previous models, then it could fit ours? Not too sure.

Yeah that's aggressive. Would look really good though. My fronts are only 9" wide so i'm thinking of getting 10mm hub centric spacers.

Oh okay. Yeah when i first saw them i thought they were Vars but wasn't sure

Yeah i've contacted the place i got my coils from

Yeah i contacted them and they said BC don't make adjustable top hats for their coils so my best bet is to find a camber kit or find someone who can make a custom hat. The coils for our camry are the same as the coilovers for the previous model camry, so maybe if there's a camber kit for the previous models, then it could fit ours? Not too sure.

Yeah that's aggressive. Would look really good though. My fronts are only 9" wide so i'm thinking of getting 10mm hub centric spacers.

Oh okay. Yeah when i first saw them i thought they were Vars but wasn't sure

Well if the previous camry kits fit our ones then its really easy to find them! not really sure though.

yeah 10mm's sound nice... so whats next for the car?

Yeahh gonna have to do my research i guess. Don't wanna buy a pair of camber arms and it won't fit haha

Well atm I don't have much planned...
Camber Rears
Lower the car more by 2-3cm
10mm Spacer
re-powdercoat wheels diamond white
Order Genuine RAYS stickers
Thinking of wrapping the roof gloss black/matte black
HIDs 6000k or 8000k

What about you?

Edited by hiwtf

Yeahh gonna have to do my research i guess. Don't wanna buy a pair of camber arms and it won't fit haha

Camber Rears

10mm Spacer

HIDs 6000k or 8000k

What about you?

haha yeah, ill pm you if I find any camber tops or arms.

Well atm waiting for some money to magically appear to get the following:

- Bags

- Wheels

- gloss black roof wrap

- 8000k HID kits

- Interior & license plate LED's

I think i might of left stuff out but yeah, thats what im hoping to get!

Camber Rears

10mm Spacer

HIDs 6000k or 8000k

What about you?

- Bags

- Wheels

- gloss black roof wrap

- 8000k HID kits

Thanks man :)

haha 'magically appear'. Sounds like a good list. The LED lights are pretty cheap. Cost me $10 for 12 if i reemember correctly... But i only used 2 for the License plate

Are you planning to get the roof wrapped professonally? or DIY? I might try DIY since my mates DIY'd it so i might ask for their help or just do it myself. Unless the price to get it done professionally is decent.

Camber Rears

10mm Spacer

HIDs 6000k or 8000k

What about you?

- Bags

- Wheels

- gloss black roof wrap

- 8000k HID kits

Thanks man :)

haha 'magically appear'. Sounds like a good list. The LED lights are pretty cheap. Cost me $10 for 12 if i reemember correctly... But i only used 2 for the License plate

Are you planning to get the roof wrapped professonally? or DIY? I might try DIY since my mates DIY'd it so i might ask for their help or just do it myself. Unless the price to get it done professionally is decent.

Yeah I looked on Ebay, the LEDs are very cheap.

Im planning to get the roof wrapped with a mate because its kind of a two-person job.

I found some control arms but i'm not sure if their what your looking for and if they adjust camber: Control arms

And does anyone know if 6th gen camry suspension fit on a 7th gen camry

Edited by MANIKE

Yeah haha i remember helping my mate putting his matte black roof on and there was 3 of us. Took quite a while... Turned out OK

Hmm not sure if those are what i'm looking for... Pretty sure for camber you'll need adjustable control arms. Thanks though!

Not quite sure if it does. I thought it did but i'm actually not too sure

Ive wrapped a few things but not a roof so and its saves tonnes of money diying it

I knew it wouldnt be them

I was wondering because there are really cheap air suspension kits for 6th gen camrys and thought maybe i could buy them and save a lot of money

Yeah saves alot just takes a long time which is the negative but worth it

Oh i see. Bags are so pricey man. I asked airex how much would it cost for a kit for our cars and they said 'from' $4500. Extra 220 if you wanna add front and rear camber hats. I thought maybe if it was about 3-3.5k then i'd sell my coils and buy it

Yeah saves alot just takes a long time which is the negative but worth it

Oh i see. Bags are so pricey man. I asked airex how much would it cost for a kit for our cars and they said 'from' $4500. Extra 220 if you wanna add front and rear camber hats. I thought maybe if it was about 3-3.5k then i'd sell my coils and buy it

Accuair bags for Camry 6th gen are like 2500 to 4000, they are way cheaper than AirRex.

Just asked AirRex for airrex bags and accuair air management system to see if its cheaper than a full airrex kit, still waiting for a reply.

Lemme know what they say. Pretty interested in bags... Would make life so much easier for me in terms of getting around, especially up my own driveway haha