HELP! - Parking Lights wont turn off

Audio115

So i get woken up by my Mother-in-Law-To-Be at 5:30 this morning to notify me that i've left my lights on This is strange seeing as i always leave the lights set to AUTO and i know the Aurion Deactivates the lighting circuit when the Drivers side door is opened after the engine shuts down. Upon Closer inspection I notice that its only the parking lights (Front, Rear & Number Plate Lights are on) It may also be important to note that the green Headlight Indicator on the dash does not show that the lights are on.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

My Car is a 2006 Aurion AT-X with fog lights and a tow pack (I mention this because both are integrated into the lighting circuit for reference, but the fog lights have a separate dash mounted switch.)

Things I've considered/Tried;

The Light switch is functional, it still controls head lights, I just cant switch off the parkers, regardless of position. Also you can hear a Clicking sound coming from the Glovebox which i can only assume is the Relay Activating (I normally have music on when i drive so i've never really noticed it before)

The Drivers Side door switch still works fine, when you press it in the doors puddle lights deactivate. - No Success

I've tried to re-adjust the Steering wheel position, both in Rotational position & Tilt + Reach - No Success

I have also tried to leave a light source (Iphone Torch) over the Light Sensor located in the centre of the dash just by the windscreen - No Success

At the present moment i haven't pulled apart my boot trim to access the Trailer Lighting Module nor have i tried to access the Fuse Boxes.

It might be important to note that i also went for a quick spin around the block with the headlights in the ON position, pulled up, shutdown the engine, opened the door and Voila the lights were off. Then clever old me tries to replicate the situation and BOOM-- It's Back again! :help:

maybe disconnect the battery or remove the ECU fuse? that might help reset a setting.

Thanks for the reply, I just Disconnected the negative battery terminal, Replaced the Relay that controls the circuit. In hopes that it might have been the circuit not closing properly. No Biscuits. Will try the ECU Fuse.

Now i'm lost on general trouble shooting ideas, I'm pretty happy i just put a new battery in and all the lights that are on are LED's, except the front parkers, hopefully this wont drain the battery too fast...

I don't really have the money to book it in to Toyota to get it looked at properly, so i'm considering either installing a Battery Isolator in the cabin, isolating the battery every time i shut down my car and locking it with the keys (if that will even work?).

Other things i've considered is it may be the Combination switch or circuit damage within the stalk, although it still works to control the main headlights, High beams and indicators...

UPDATE: So i've been pretty bust getting everything together for my annual trip to japan which involves drive 800ks from Mackay to Cairns. this afternoon i pulled my amp and subs out of my boot cleaned it all up and made room for my snowboard bags and while i was there i thought i'd have a look at the Trailer plug module i have in my boot, and it's a good thing i did! i turns out that in all the heavy rain we've been having in Mackay lately, largely due to ExTc Dylan my boot flooded, submerging the trailer plug module and thus bridging the light circuit. Upon unplugging the module the lights switched off (: soooo happy right meow! I'd like to say thanks to RoadRunner who offered his help in the matter, Cheers Bud!

THIS ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED.

And now you have another :) finding out how the water got in

That i can solve instantly, my boot seal came off, just realised how when i was putting my boards in tho boot just now (: