Aftermarket Headlights - New Style Aurion

Corza3

Hey guys,

I've got a GSV50R Sportivo Aurion SX6, and I found these headlights I really like the look of.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-2012-TOYOTA-CAMRY-ANGEL-EYE-HEADLAMP-ASSEMBLY-V4-TYPE-C-WITH-SUPER-BRIGHT-LED/869616581.html

I'm a bit unsure of the quality though, and at approximately $650 Australian, it would be nice to know what the quality of the projector lens would be like.

Any thoughts?

I saw these a couple of years back. looked interesting, they have another style which i don't like.

Looking at the description, the Halos are LED and not CCFL which is good. ive had bad experience with ccfl as they are really cheap and Dull.

headlights don't look too bad, but don't know how bright they really are under direct sunlight, but if you are not to fussed up about having they or seeing the halos or DRL's during the day then its pretty cool IMO.

As for the projectors. all the projectors that go into these aftermarket headlights are crack and is really horrible compared to the stock healights, but that's your call bro

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Corey the ones your looking at are a poorer quality than ones I have seen. I'll try an find you a link.

Ps at least you are bolder than your brother haha

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these a couple of years back. looked interesting, they have another style which i don't like.

Looking at the description, the Halos are LED and not CCFL which is good. ive had bad experience with ccfl as they are really cheap and Dull.

headlights don't look too bad, but don't know how bright they really are under direct sunlight, but if you are not to fussed up about having they or seeing the halos or DRL's during the day then its pretty cool IMO.

As for the projectors. all the projectors that go into these aftermarket headlights are crack and is really horrible compared to the stock healights, but that's your call bro

Yeah I don't really like the other styles which pushes me towards these ones.

DRL's I would want visable during the day, but the Halos and really only for dusk/dawn IMO and night of course lol.

That is whats holding me back, projector lens for me are what make or break a headlight, and after having good projector lenses in the stock lights I don't think I could go to the crap ones!

saw a set of these on a camry in vietnam. they actually look pretty good. the led/ccfls are actually visible during a cloudy day, not sure about a bright hot summer day in australia tho

Ahh awesome, might have to look for some pictures!

Hey Corey the ones your looking at are a poorer quality than ones I have seen. I'll try an find you a link.

Ps at least you are bolder than your brother haha

Ahhh if you could find that link that'd be awesome, definitely keen to get a set!

Haha I might leave that one :P

You might also want to ask the seller if they are suitable for a Right Hand Drive car out of the box (Australia, UK, Thailand, New Zealand). Most of these aftermarket headlights have a LHD beam pattern that light up signs & kerbs further ahead on the right hand side in countries like China, Taiwan, Russia & Korea to name a few which will blind drivers in the opposite direction in a RHD country like Australia.

Otherwise, this means a DIY by opening up the the headlights & reversing the cutoff shield (Not a bad thing though, as it is also a good opportunity if you want to retrofit better quality projectors.)

Edited by ToyotaFreak