Kluger Rear Sway Bar GSU40/45

LivingTheDream

Hi everyone, I'm getting a rear sway bar made and should receive it in the next day or so to suit my 2012 Kluger Altitude. It's an 18mm Adjustable Heavy duty bar and should help improve the handling of these barges. If anyone is interested in one let me know and I can source more. Cost wise approx. $350 depending on freight to your location.

I received my sway bar today, fitted it and what a difference it makes. I've set it on the hard setting, which is equivalent to 20mm and the rear end sits flat through the corners. It doesn't affect the ride quality whatsoever. May look at a bigger front bar now. Anyone interested in one let me know.

Now that's something I might just be interested in. Excuse my ignorance of Kluger model numbers, but is yours front or all wheel drive (mind's fwd, tight@rse I am!).

Absolutely agree that they need some serious tightening up down south to stop them handling like a boat!

GSU40 is FWD and GSU45 is AWD. Cars are identical other than the rear diff, tailshaft to rear and transfer. Suspension is exactly the same.

The more I drive the car the more I notice how much of an improvement just the new rear sway bar has made, I may look into a bigger front now to just to make it that little more stiffer.

Oh and mine is AWD

Edited by TheKIng

• 7 months later...

I'm up for both front and rear. What did you do about the bushings? I am willing to pay for shipping costs to USA.

You'll likely find that doing both front and rear will mean that the car handles exactly as it does now, just stiffer.

If you want it to handle better, just do the rear and leave the front alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested too. Who makes them?

Definitely noticed a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference jumping out of RWD coupes and sedans into the Kluger.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, did you guys eventually get the rear bars???? if so, are they still available and how much?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm getting a rear sway bar made and should receive it in the next day or so to suit my 2012 Kluger Altitude. It's an 18mm Adjustable Heavy duty bar and should help improve the handling of these barges. If anyone is interested in one let me know and I can source more. Cost wise approx. $350 depending on freight to your location.

Also keen to know where I can buy this rear bar for my 2009 Kluger. Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2017 at 1:00 AM, LivingTheDream said:

Hi, I can sell you mine if you'd like. Im selling it for $200 and includes the sway bar mount bushes. I'd need to check what freight would be if you'd like to send me an address?

Hi Mate, yes I'll buy it but just wondering why you're selling it now ? I live in Frenchs Forest Sydney. Cheers

Simon

• 2 years later...
On 3/3/2014 at 7:24 AM, LivingTheDream said:

Hi who made the bar? I’m in the US and would like to get one?

• 2 years later...

Hi Vas i would like to know where i can purchase one of these sway bars as well thanks mate.

Sorry i am new to this this tech stuff does my head in. I am looking to purchase a heavy duty sway bar for my kluger if someone can help me find where these other guys got theres from that would be great. 

Edited by Lebo

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2014 at 11:24 PM, LivingTheDream said:

Edited by Lebo
sorry still trying to learn how to use this

• 3 months later...