onboard Clock/Speed Alert faulty/not working

2005MCV36Rsportivo

Hi Guys,

I have recently just bought a 2nd hand 05 Sportivo but after I bought it only then I noticed the On Dash clock is not working......

I am also guessing it is not only the clock it does not work but apparently the speed alert as well? correct me if I am wrong... you guys know what I am talking about?

Anyways, just wanting to know how to fix that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Cheers.

Richard.

uhh, dont know what its actually called as well...

but its fairly easy to take out/install, theres just a plug you need to take out in the back

Hi guys, im afraid it is not that simple. Toyota cars especially camry are known for the clock to go bad, i have the exact same problem and i can assure you that it is not fuse related nor it is the clock unit playing up. How can i be so sure? Because i have pull out every single fuse there is and check them and i even tried with a different clock unit, all with not success. Im not sure what might the cause, if any one out there have any ideas please share it with me. Thanks

• Like 1

I have tried checking opening the clock unit to check if there's a break in the circuit, no success. Have tried to trace back to where the clock unit is connected (to the ECM) and checked all the connection but also no luck. The only thing I have not done is take it to the electrician or Toyota, which I know is going to cost me lots.

could be something wrong with the unit you bought,

mine was faulty and got it replaced, and it worked

Seemed to work, as for the OPs post, we are rectifying that the replacement was one of the fixes

I'm sure that the one I replaced with is still working. How did your one died before? did it gradually fade away? Mine did just that and now it completely dead.

I'm sure that the one I replaced with is still working. How did your one died before? did it gradually fade away? Mine did just that and now it completely dead.

yeah, it even stopped my central locking :S

My central locking stopped working the same time as my clock started playing up. But now the central locking is working fine but the clock is dead.

I want my clock and my fuel consumption gauge back!

yep thats my reason why as well, I keep on looking around where the clock used to be and its blank....... I really want this to be fixed.....

I will try to get something from the wrecker just like jeffy suggested, but daym that better work!!!

Btw old man, are you the part you got from the wrecker wasnt the faulty part? what is the part called anyways? need to do more research on my behalf........

Hey Richard, I don't know the specific part name but i just called it the "clock unit'. Take a picture of it on your phone before you go to the wrecker's yard, that might help them to understand what your talking about. Good luck, let me know it goes.

Edited by Old man

• 2 weeks later...