Installing a sub

Syica

Hey guys, new to this forum owner of a 2007 Aurion Zr6. I'm just wondering, how would I go about installing a sub? Is it possible to do it with the stock headunit or do I have to get an aftermarket one? Installing an amp?

Also, if anyone had some links to panels to fit the full size head unit but for a smaller dock (so there's alot of empty space)? or another aftermarket headunit.

Any idea on installing? I'd like to keep my stock headunit as I don't have the best sub, do I still need an amp for it? It'd be great if I could get a guide of some sort, appreciate.

edit: what about an aux cord, can I still do that with stock headunit with an adapter behind it? or is there another way

Edited by Syica

Use line converters from the rear speakers to get audio so you have input into an amp. Power and ground wires for the amp. Run a remote switch wire from the cigarette lighter.

You will need an amp to power a sub. I did have a sub installed on a stock HU a while back and this was how it was done.

Follow this for AUX input on the stock HU

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/25274-aux-input-mod-pms-sent-to-djkor-regarding-this-mod-will-go-unanswered/

don't buy the ones from china or eBay all together they leave a gap near the air con vents ,

• Like 1

Any idea on installing? I'd like to keep my stock headunit as I don't have the best sub, do I still need an amp for it? It'd be great if I could get a guide of some sort, appreciate.

edit: what about an aux cord, can I still do that with stock headunit with an adapter behind it? or is there another way

like i a said above if you need a fascia go genuine ,as for the head unit you can install the 2009 upgrade units from the aurions they have the AUX on the front with USB

r1bn95.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

it can all be done using the stock head unit, iv done it in my 08 sportivo

i have done mine on the cheap till i can afford a new head unit but my current setup consists of alpine type s 6x9" speakers in the front and rear, one alpine type s 12" sub in the boot all running off a kenwood kac-749s amp under the passenger seat, that is all controlled off the factory head unit. i also did the aux input mod and it'll do for now

lucky for me my amp has a speaker input and i managed to track down the input cable so just tapped into the wires behind the head unit so i didn't need any bulky line filters