Aurion 2008 GPS Head Unit Help :(

Genie

Hello :D

At the moment my car (2008 Aurion Sportivo SX6) got default factory fitted CD player, but that CD player haven't got AUX output or bluetooth music streaming or anything like that.

I am a music person, specially when it comes to long drives.

I've got a dilemma. I am not sure whether I should buy Facia like this one:

gc4906822508096204030.jpg

And then, get a double din GPS unit that has AUX/USB/Bluetooth/etc. maybe something like this:

ddx6033bt.jpg

-- OR --

Should i get a complete unit like this:

D5164-1.jpg

OR Even something like this:

2rc3gyc.jpg

It looks like it has GPS because it's got "MAP" button...

I DONT KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW... ARGHHHHHH!!!!

The problem that I am thinking of now, is that i dont think my steering wheel controls would work with something like that and I'd have to pay extra 100-200$ on top of the installment fee of the new headunit..

I gave Autobarn a call and asked them how much would installement cost, and they said around 200$.

I dont know what to do. Basically all i want to do is to play music in my car, without the need of burning Audio CD's all the time..

I just want to either have AUX output or a Bluetooth music stream. I can go without GPS if I have to, as its not required but I wouldn't mind having it at the same time..

I need advice, I am in a big big dilemma right now...

Help! Please :(

Need help desperately :(

if you don't need a gps you can go with this it has phone calling USB AUX 6 CD BLUETOOTH etc

24v4fic.jpg

or you can get the above that you posted without GPS ,the silver unit is plug and play ,the second one needs two harness ,and you don't need extra wiring for steering controls

• Like 1

Hello :D

At the moment my car (2008 Aurion Sportivo SX6) got default factory fitted CD player, but that CD player haven't got AUX output or bluetooth music streaming or anything like that.

I am a music person, specially when it comes to long drives.

I need advice, I am in a big big dilemma right now...

Hey Genie,

I just installed eonon unit (your 2nd option) in my car and can say it does what it says it does and for the price you pay it has good features and all of the features work. (steering wheels controls work to without a separate module or harness) and its plug and play and connects to factory wiring harness and an easy diy job. (plenty of youtube videos on how to install eonon d5164).

1 reason i got it was I didnt like the blank space creates by that facia (option 1) and installing a double din with same features would ve cost probably double but then again good brand double din player would give better sound quality and durability.

All 3 options of yours would work depends on what exactly you want.

Let me know if you need more help on eonon unit. (i think its cheaper to buy from eonon website if you go down that path and its around $300 and that all its gna cost you).

Cheers

• Like 1

The eonon unit of ebay is good at first but after a few months the touch screen starts to loose sensitivity. If I knew this before i purchased it i would have bought the fascia seperatly an put in a repeatable brand double din

• 2 weeks later...

I've ended up putting a fascia and getting double din GPS unit. The've added a free reverse camera, so I can't complain.

Goes very well, and added heaps of bass to my car...

Very happy.

r2nxo0.jpg

• Like 2